Navigate with the most complete marine charts for coastal boating, sailing, and fishing with or without internet. GPS, anchoring, AIS... Your next-generation chartplotter
Navigate the seas with the most complete marine charts for coastal boating, sailing, and fishing with or without internet. GPS, anchoring, radar, AIS, tides & tidal currents... This next-generation chartplotter is essential for sailors, boaters and fishermen of all levels!
DISCOVER THE ONLY BOAT APP YOU NEED AT SEA!
TZ iBoat is the most advanced boat navigation app on the market, it gathers all the features necessary for safe maritime navigation:
Experience the revolutionary TZ MAPS: a cutting-edge marine chart format that integrates Raster and Vector data, detailed land information, high-resolution satellite photos, and high-resolution Bathymetry. Unlock the full potential of TZ MAPS with a 7-day free trial.
- COMMUNITY MAPS: contribute to the marine chart data in your navigation area by commenting, note-taking, voting, and modifying or deleting objects such as buoys, obstructions, and points of interest (restaurants and supply stores) in a participative way that benefits the whole TIMEZERO community, developing the most reliable and precise boat map.
- DYNAMIC MOORINGS: discover classified nearby anchorages based on weather forecasts and topography. Dynamic color coding (Red, Orange, Green) provides wind direction for optimized anchorage comfort.
- DYNAMIC LIGHTS: visualize light sectors according to your boat’s position and field of vision. Navigation lights on the map can flash in accordance with your position. Highlighted and flashing lights represent only those within your actual field of vision.
- SMART SEARCH: access a high-performance search engine to find any information on our marine charts (tide stations, rocks, buoys, etc.) as well as in your user object database (marks, routes. etc.). No more wasted time searching your map for a marina; enter the name and it will be automatically located on the map.
- SMART ZONE: Set up an alarm for when your boat enters or leaves specific areas on the nautical chart (e.g., restricted areas). Configure the types of affected to suit your preferences. Display NavData to see a list of all zones in which your boat is located.
ATTENTION FISHERMEN! The following features have been developed especially for you:
- BATHYVISION: Discover the best bottom data available and display it dynamically and intuitively in color and/or with contour lines. Adjust the contour lines’ density and shading to focus precisely on high-potential fishing areas.
- EVENT AND CATCH: Save all your catches (weight, size, and photo) and build your fishing, seamlessly integrated with your nautical chart. Master your fishing areas like never before!
- Track and analyze every aspect of your sea trips, share them, and connect with friends
- Access your data online and offline
- Optional Radar and AIS modules
Having access to the most accurate marine weather forecasts is crucial at sea, and TZ iBoat has you covered!
- Free and unlimited GFS and WW3 marine weather forecasts
- Download weather forecasts to use offline while at sea.
- Iridium GO! Compatibility
- Premium Weather subscription grants access to 5 high-resolution models: ARPEGE, AROME, DWD ICON, NAM Conus, and Copernicus with worldwide coverage.
Join the large community of sailors that trust TZ iBoat for their trips at sea. More than 200,000 users around the world have already adopted it!
CHART AND WEATHER SUBSCRIPTIONS:
The payment will be debited from the Apple account once the purchase is confirmed.
The subscriptions and automatic renewals can be managed by entering the account settings after making the purchase.
Any unused part of a free trial period, if offered, will be lost when a subscription is purchased.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Information on TZ MAPS vector charts is now accessible in Spanish.
- Weather NavData functionality has been restored.
- Users in Australia previously could not hide the marine protected area. We have addressed this by introducing an option to hide this layer in the Vector Charts settings (located at the bottom of the page).
- The reset to default function for vector options was not working properly. This has been rectified.
- Numerous crashes and bugs have been addressed and fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Best navigation app
I’ve been using the computer version of TimeZero and older versions of Nobeltec for a very long time, and this has almost all the features of the computer version. It seems like they replaced the track line recording feature with the ability to share with your followers, which is kind of annoying, but not too big of a issue. For $20 a year it is not the professional navigation program that the $3000 one for PC is, but it is much better than the other app I had. They also seem to make improvements based on feedback, so I hope they bring back the old way of recording track lines. One other thing, and this is not that much of an issue for average use and is probably less of a problem with the app than the actual GPS in my phone, is that if you’re going slow, as you do while setting a longline, it sometimes doesn’t show the boat icon facing the right way. Again, not too much of a problem for average use, but one of the times it happened I was setting a longline and I thought the boat was pointing towards a 25 fathom sounding on the chart, but the icon was pointing the wrong way and it ended up being 49 fathoms. The other small things that could be improved is it would be nice if you could see the SOG without having the whole sidebar open. Overall, while it has a few small issues, it is great for navigating skiffs and much better than the competition.
Developer Response ,
Hi Piggings, thank you for your report.
Yes it's true that we encourage users to send feedbacks, and we take them in account to improve the product. Sometimes it takes time, but that's what we do.
About track line: We noticed that lots of customers were using tracks to record their whole trip, but as they were struggling to manage 30K points limits, we decided to this dedicated feature called "trips"; But indeed we have to put back a kind of track feature for fishermen like you. We are working on it. For the moment, continue to record trips, because all your navigation data is in there.
About your posiitoning problem, I don't think it's a TZ iBoat issue. I would like to see your track, I might be able to see if it's a GPS accuracy problem. Send me an email please (email@example.com)
To show permanently SOG, again, just start a Trip (big NAV button in bottom right of the screen); Then the trip bar shows Trip time, distance, but also SOG. These 3 slots are configurable.
Mathieu, TZ iBoat product manager
Ease of use
TZ iBoat is one of the easiest and most complete aids to navigation on the market. The seamless charting works flawlessly, the detailed tides and currents right on the chart make it easy for anyone looking on. There is no time needed for flipping between programs which enables you to keep your eyes out on the water and not always buried in the screen. The distance and bearing feature is so easy ito use that identifying navigation aids and points of land with a hand bearing compass is fast and accurate. iBoat is clearly a fantastic navigation aid that when used with other aids such as hand bearing compasses, depth sounders, binoculars, etc, will help to make your trip as safe as possible. This aid to navigation does so much more including being able to add and remove features from your screen easily in order to keep your screen uncluttered works extremely well. I would rate this Nobeltec product higher than anything else seen on the market today. Look it up and I challenge you to find a more complete easy to use program.
Developer Response ,
Hi Captain! Thank you very much for your report! V2.0 is going to be released (early july 2020), it is even easier to use! Please send us your feedback when it's released and you have played with it.
Great App loaded with features
I have been using the TZ iBoat app for a few months now and can’t say enough good things about it. It’s simple, easy to use UI along with its extensive feature set make this one of the few navigation apps truly worth having. It’s seamless integration with my Furuno TZT2 system just makes an already great app even better. I love being able to build routes for upcoming trips at home and have those routes show up on my TZT2 network. I just upgraded to version 2.0 this morning and am already loving the addition of weather features. Keep up the great work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for you great feedback! Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nobeltec, Inc.
- 484.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Nobeltec, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Weather Subscription $8.99
- USA $19.99
- Central America & Caribbean $30.99
- Bahamas $30.99
- AIS module $8.99
- Canada West $19.99
- Radar module $44.99
- Great Lakes $19.99
- French Polynesia-New Caledonia $30.99
- Western Mediterranean $40.99