The U.S. Constitution: Analysis and Interpretation app is a mobile version of the "Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation", a comprehensive analytical legal treatise prepared by attorneys of the Congressional Research Service at the direction of the United States Senate and issued as Senate Document No. 112-9. The app is presented by the Library of Congress using data provided by the Government Printing Office.
- Delivers the full text of “Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation”
- Contains a clause-by-clause discussion of the entire Constitution
- Discusses all Supreme Court cases and selected historical documents relevant to interpreting the Constitution
- Lists all federal, state, and local laws struck down by the Supreme Court, and all cases where the Court overturned its prior precedent
- Contains a table of contents, table of cases, and an index
You may perform keyword searches within individual documents or sections within documents; share documents via email; or save them to your preferred PDF reader.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Search function is balky
When I searched for “emoluments” it took quite a while, and then tapping one of the results made it skip to the first page of the book, and the search results vanished.
Text too small, links to pdfs
I love this app, apart from the format of the text. It just opens full PDF pages to read, instead of formatting for an iOS screen. This makes it very difficult to read on an iPhone, because the text is way too small.
To the dev: the text needs to scale based on screen size. I would suggest importing all the plain text, instead of PDF, and then you can easily have control over formatting.
Text is far too small to read on iPhone X
I struggled and tried my best but reading the text proved virtually impossible and so I’m forced to delete this and find another app. Happily there seems to be a fair number of others to choose from.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.