Thanks for all the amazing feedback - we just love to hear your thoughts, comments and ideas!
Remember the good old spirograph toy? Get nostalgic with this classic spiral drawing tool. Great for children too!
The box contains lots of colorful gears, rings and pencils - including a MAGIC rainbow pen - and an unlimited supply of (virtual) paper!
Draw beautiful patterns using the gears or simply paint directly on the paper using your finger.
Share your doodles to family and friends - or save them and use them as beautiful wallpapers for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
• A Gear Factory where you can create custom gears and rings
• Multiple drawing modes: calligraphy pen, celtic braids and multicolor gradients by selecting up to three pencils at the same time
• Import photos from your Photo Library
• Snap to previous drawing locations
• Support for the Apple Pencil. Change calligraphy angle by tilting the pen.
• Draw both hypotrochoids and epitrochoids (gears inside a ring or gears on the outside of another gear)
• Different paper types and multiple background colors
• Eraser and full undo/redo
• Change the sizes of gears and rings
10 year anniversary edition!
Überdoodle is 10 years old on May 18th. Please reach out to us and let us know your thoughts about the app.
• Added sparkles while drawing to celebrate
• Add custom names when creating rings in the Gear Factory
• We have added support for importing images from your Photo Library. :-)
Other minor updates:
• Added haptic feedback for select events in the app.
• Dark mode support
• New menu icons on iOS 13
• You can now run a gear around the edge of another gear in order to draw 'epitrochoids'
• Precise gear placement in rings or on another gear
• Two-finger drag a gear to move it to another location on a ring
• Introducing the 'Celtic Braid' drawing mode.
• Introducing Calligraphy drawing mode
• Added tips for beginners and advanced users
• Updated UI with brighter graphics
• Added multiple paper colours for all paper textures
• Pinch to zoom in and out
• Now you can rotate a gear inside a ring to align patterns
• Gear Factory added to ÜberDoodle. Create your own gears and rings to experiment with creating countless new unique and beautiful patterns!
• Eraser - One of the most wished for features is finally here!
• More pen colors - including white and black & white magic pen.
• Mix pen colors to create beautiful magical gradients (tap and hold on a pen to add it to the selection).
• Share your doodles
• Choose between different kinds of paper
• Use push pins to align multiple patterns!
• Resizable rings
• Gears and rulers drawn with mathematical precision
• New ruler size added
• New gear added
• Added printing support!
• Finger painting! Apart from drawing with spirograph gears you can now draw with you fingers - perfect for creating beautiful drawings - or for writing small greetings on your drawings.
• Undo/redo of every action performed
• Special 'do'-button for the lazy ;-) draws a complete doodle with the selected gear and ruler.
• Rainbow pen that draws beautiful color patterns
• Send doodle by email
• New gear and new ruler - bringing the total gear/ruler combinations up to 12
• Initial release, 18th of May, 2010
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty good, but not what it could be.
Overall it works ok. However, there are a few niggles that need addressed.
The first is the apparent requirement that you have at least one gear in place at a time, makes it frustrating when trying to swap between gears that you have to bring one in before the other becomes selectable. Not a big deal but kinda irritating.
Then there's the lack of basic instructions, it's simple stuff sure, but it's not immediately apparent how to select specific holes in each interior gear. Also why not provide a simple interface to allow the user to specify the number of each teeth per gear and ring?
Finally, one of the things I used to enjoy doing as a kid was to pin down an interior gear and run around it with another interior gear. It provides an additional set of design possibilities and the inanity to do so is a bummer.
Overall a decent job, just wish developers would stop simply creating a digital doppleganger and actually leverage the fact that the iPad is a digital medium. There are so many possibilities in this format why aren't we taking it to a whole new level?
Terrific and Creative!!
Have used lite version for six months. Upgrading to paid version. Creative and playful app!! Nostalgic of play when kid of gears and paper and pens and pencils. Go to app when traveling! Relaxing and fun! Excellent user experience. Looking forward to exploring new features as play in upgraded app. Helpful tutorial. Kudos!! Many thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. :-) After a long period of silence (where the entire app was rewritten) we just made a release with a few new features - and now we are hoping to move on to adding more shapes.
/morten and johanne
I tried to play the app got a black screen when you press the home button you go on the app its stupid
Developer Response ,
I know that I am responding more than two years after your review, but at the time you wrote it was not possible to respond to reviews.
Please note, that through the support email address you are always welcome to communicate with us directly, so that we might try and help you.
Many apologies for your trouble. I sincerely hope that you found a workaround like reinstalling the app - or that you wrote to Apple for a refund, which is always an option.
If you still have patience for giving the app a shot, I hope that you will try release 4.3.0.
/morten and johanne
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.