To be the best, you have to train with the best. The Marathon Runner app is a unique running trainer based on the program of renowned Dr. Nicholas Romanov, two-time Olympic coach and the creator of the revolutionary Pose Method of running. Its primary purpose is to help athletes prepare for long-distance running competitions such as marathons, half-marathons, 5Ks and 10Ks.
Just set a race goal (M, HM, 10K, 5K), select the number of training days, and the date of the race. The app asks you to run time trials or enter your most recent 5K result. Based on that, Marathon Runner will provide you with an optimal training plan and pace for your running workouts according to your current ability level.
During training, the app tracks your results and adjusts each upcoming workout based on your preceding results. (See Premium Account for details.)
- Customized training plan to prepare for the race (M, HM, 10K, 5K) based on training methods Olympic runners use
- Real-time GPS tracking of your running route on a map
- Automatic pauses when you walk or stop moving.
- Interval training with auto-stop functionality and detailed interval results.
- History of your accomplished goals
- Switch between miles/km
You can unlock additional features like pace guidance and voice coaching via the premium subscription option that will optimize your training. A 30-day free trial is available so you can explore all of its advantages. After the trial, the premium subscription costs $9.99 per month.
Premium Account benefits
- Dynamic marathon training plan: The app analyzes results and updates the training program after each workout.
- Personal coach: While running, Marathon Runner gives you voice recommendations on the pace you have to keep to achieve better results.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews and your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
- No refunds are issued once your account has been charged for renewal and the current period has started.
- To cancel your subscription, go to your Account Settings and turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Don't miss your workout - added red badge for "You have a training today" notification
- Fixed "Manage subscription" link
Ratings and Reviews
Real training program! Bye-bye static pdf files
I tried it this afternoon!!! Thank you thank you thank you for fixing the bugs! I do occasional 5k with friends and I always wanted to have a real training program where I don’t have to figure anything out myself. I was super excited when this app came out but it had bugs and it got a bit frustrating. So just got this update and I’m freaking out excited! The bugs seem to be gone and the interface is sooooo much better! I’m super excited about the idea of an app that can give me a real training program. Normally that would mean buying it from a coach and then figuring out how to adjust it so it works for me and so I don’t get over or undertrained. I don’t have to think about any of this anymore. It’s super easy to just type in my data and get my training schedule for next training session ready to go. Definitely recommend!!
LA marathon here I come!
Wow, wow, wow! I’ve been waiting for this update. Day and night! Love the sound prompts and voice guidance. I’ve tried a few other apps and I’m just tired of the same old same, I don’t care about tracking my run, I want a REAL TRAINING PROGRAM! I want to input my info and results and I want to get a real training program every time I train. This app IS IT. I signed up for the LA marathon at the end of March so I’m so excited to see the results! I’ve been working on my running technique and now I can actually put it to work. Yaaayyy!!
Great concept. Did not work first time out
I really want this to work. I set up a training plan and was doing the time trial and the app randomly paused multiple times on me thus creating an incorrect time trial. I tried to delete the plan and start over but it would not delete the faulty time trial. I emailed customer service two months ago and have yet to hear back. I just tried to login again and it will not let me login. I tried to create my account again and it does nothing, just takes me back to the sign in screen. Great concept, apparently poor execution.
- ADAPTIVE FITNESS TRAINING INC
- 127.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Adaptive Fitness Training, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Month subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.