Ubiquiti WiFiman 4+
Designed for iPad
WiFiman is here to save your home or office network from sluggish surfing, endless buffering, and congested data channels. With this free-to-use (and ad-free) app you can:
- Detect and connect to all available Wi-Fi networks devices instantly.
- Scan network subnet for details on available devices, using Bonjour, SNMP, NetBIOS, and Ubiquiti discovery protocols.
- Conduct download/upload speed tests, store results, compare network performance, and share your insights with others.
- Relocate your access points (APs) to nearby data channels to instantly increase signal strength and reduce traffic volume.
- Connect remotely to your UniFi network via Teleport VPN.
- Removed delete action for SSO-owned Teleports.
- Added a better Teleport connected indicator.
- Added search feature for speed test results.
- Added SSID detailed info in badges.
- Other various UX improvements for Teleport feature and Speedtest graph.
- Fixed issues with failing Teleport connection in some cases.
- Fixed rare app freezing.
Ratings and Reviews
Signal Mapper / Other Functions
For those not seeing the signal mapper or possibly other functions. Yesterday I switched UDM Pro from the new interface to the original interface. By doing so, today I lost some functionality of WiFiman. Signal mapper was one of them. I realized that maybe the interface needs to be in the new interface along with the WiFiman toggle turned on. So, today I switched the UDM Pro back to the new interface making sure the WiFiman toggle was on. Still no full functionality to WiFiman. Then I did a restart of the UDM Pro. Now I have the full functionality of WiFiman.
Basic but good
I have a smaller Ubiquiti setup. 2 unifi APs and 1 edgerouter. I like the built in speed testing as well as the widget. I really wish there were more options within the network discovery though. At any given point I have ~25 devices on my network and seeing just an IP address with the name “Generic” does not give me any clue what the device is. I would have to either go to the Unifi app or into my router to see what is what. I realize it would be impossible for the scan to know exactly what to name the devices but at least let us configure aliases manually. Also the ability like others have pointed out to be able to open a browser to the desired scanned port.
Updated review: I had encountered lots of bugs with the WiFiman wizard on my iPhone (I have a cloud key gen 2 plus). It was not giving me a signal rating in an old version of the app. Then an update broke it in a such a way to tell me that I needed a wizard to use the feature, which was clearly connected elsewhere in the app. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong, and it wasn’t until I finally tried on my iPad that the setup gave me the answer- if location services is off the signal mapping doesn’t work, but that’s not the error it provided. Now that I have figured it out it works great… but taking away a star for all the troubleshooting I had to do.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ubiquiti Inc.
- 276.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.