Brought to you by the team behind uBlock, the popular ad blocking extension available on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, which has been downloaded millions of times.
This simple, easy-to-use ad and content blocker will remove unwanted ads, protect you from trackers, and help speed your page load times. It's easy to install and FREE to use. Give it a try!
* Block ads on Facebook, YouTube, and your favorite websites
* Block auto-play video and audio ads
* Block annoying pop-ups
* Block invisible tracking used to track your browsing habits
* Configure your own rules to block specific trackers
* Block malware that's distributed through malicious ads ("malvertising")
* Speed up page load times and browsing speeds
* Eliminate slow-loading ads and pop-ups that impact performance
* Allow some forms of non-intrusive ads to support websites you like, or turn it off if you want to block all ads
* Selectively "whitelist" websites to allow ads on specifics sites you want to support
We value your feedback! Please comment in the App Store or submit ideas and requests directly to our developers at email@example.com.
• Added Donation page
• Minor improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Impressive, but still needs some additional features
Tricky to setup at first, but seems to work okay.
I used the previous ublock origin obtained through the extensions gallery and found that it worked well. I have read all the negative reviews for "new" ublock through the app store and was hesitant to download it. It's a little unintuitive to setup--you have to download it, go the Safari extensions settings to turn both the app and the icon on, and THEN open the app and update the filter lists to get it to work properly. This process should really be streamlined so it's ready to work from the get-go. It also installs a stand-alone app, which doesn't make me super happy, but I'm wondering if it's a OS X requirement.
Installs & Works Great
I read all the reviews saying the new uBlock does not install or work. Yes it does, you just need to follow the install instructions. For Safari 12 it is both a Safari Extension and a desktop application. Both must be properly installed and running. I've been using some ad heavy websites, they load much faster with no ads.
Subtracted one star - In MacOS Mojave if you are using Dark Mode the text on the buttons that appear when you click the uBlock icon on Safari title bar are not readable. The extension needs update to accommodate Dark Mode.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.