- Record your dictation and securely transmit from anywhere at anytime.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface will have you up and running in a matter of minutes.
uDictate offers professional recording features found in high-end digital recorders and many additional features not available with traditional tape-based or digital recorders.
• Intuitive user interface
• High quality audio recording
• Insert, overwrite, and append operations
• Fast forward, rewind, and scrub
• Review and edit an existing dictation
• Many file types: PCM (.wav, .aiff, .caf), AAC (.m4a, .caf), IMA4 (.aifc, .caf)
• Compress (zip) and encrypt files
• Label or mark a file as a rush or urgent
• Send dictation anytime, anywhere using: FTP, Dropbox, or Email
• Bluetooth headset recording
• Passcode protection
• Archive dictation
• Voice activated recording option - allows your recording to stop during silent periods.
• Decreased turn-around time. There is no need to wait until the end-of-the-day or until you get back to the office to send your dictation. Send dictation immediately whenever and wherever you are.
• Money savings. With uDictate you pay a one-time fee with no subscription required. Don’t spend hundreds of dollars every couple of years on new recorders and/or software and don’t get roped into paying an annual subscription fee.
• Ability to multitask. Check your schedule or read your email while recording a dictation or listening to an existing dictation.
• Less to carry. You will never need to carry multiple devices again. No need to drag around a bag with cables, plugs, extra batteries, and a laptop.
• Never accidently overwrite or delete a dictation unintentionally again.
Please note: When using email as you delivery method it is important to keep the size of your dictations to a manageable size, keeping in mind many email providers limit the size of attachments. It is better to have multiple small files that 1 large file.
Send dictations to your transcriptionist or contact our affiliate Better Transcription Options at sales@BetterTranscription.com for information.
“Check out ‘uDictatate Free’, our free lite version of uDictate, to experience the functionality and feel of the full version. uDictate Free has all of the functionality offered in uDictate, but each recording is limited to 30 seconds instead of 24 hours. There is also a maximum of 5 active dictations, whereas the full version is limited only by the amount of available storage on your device.
If you have Feedback or Questions, please email us at: ClericSoftware.firstname.lastname@example.org
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Bug fixes - including bug that caused in conjunction with Dropbox
Performance enhancements - including 64-bit support.
Ratings and Reviews
Not Worth the Time
Unless you’re planning to buy the upgrade, this app is worthless. It limits you to an incredibly short recording time that it is literally useless.
Pricey trial app is extremely limited
Perhaps it's just me, but nine dollars for a glorified voice recorder is a bit much. Maybe if I were in the targeted (doctor-lawyer) pay grade I might not mind, but for now, I'll delete in favor of other apps that give me more than just a few seconds trial recording/dictating time.
This app has everything I could ask for. Completely replaces the need for a traditional dictaphone, and also makes it easy to send files to my transcriptionist.
The developer, Cleric Software Solutions, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cleric Software Solutions, LLC
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Cleric Software Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.