Juggling cupcakes? A googly-eyed periscope? A pig wearing a hat? You just never know what animated surprise your child will uncover when they play the uKloo Early Reader App.
uKloo Early Reader App is a fun seek-and-find literacy game for ages four and up. It encourages kids to look up word clues, search the play screen and discover surprises along the way! There’s even a picture helper to look up words when kids get stuck. Soon, your child will be reading without even realizing it!
• Progressively builds sight reading (visual word recognition)
• Provides the basics of sentence structure
• Introduces research skills
• Builds confidence
• Promotes independent learning and play
• Makes you giggle
• Engaging surprise animations throughout the game
• Everyday words for early readers
• Word repetition reinforces visual word recognition
• Ten adjustable levels of achievement, progressing from easy three-letter words
• Choice of three to ten clues per round
• Audio assist to play the game
• A Picture Helper that provides:
• illustrations and audio assist to look up words
• basics of sentence structure, including nouns, verbs, prepositions, and adjectives
• an opportunity to develop first research skills
• able play Rated
• PAL Award
• bestappsforkids best of the best award
• Selected for kindertown
Improved screen shots.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very engaging early reader app. Kids hunt for clues in different scenes. Verbal directions are easy to read and kids can use a dictionary for words they don't know. Great for teaching position words such as "beside" and "below". I have a couple of suggestions for improvement: It is a bit slow, there is not much of a reward when you find the final clue and the dictionary is not very kid friendly. It looks like standard AAC images. Kids would rather see cute animals or toys than plain boxes to illustrate the concepts.
So Much Fun!
This is a simple and engaging app that all of the little ones will love! The clues are simple enough to solve which helps to hold the player's interest. The beginning vocabulary is great for my kindergarten students. The treasure hunts can be solved in a short time, so this can be used as a reward when only a few minutes are available. It's so easy to increase the number of clues and the difficulty of the vocabulary. I recommend this app for kindergarten and first grade students.
This is a great app to use to engage readers who need help with sight word vocabulary and prepositional words/phrases, such as beside, below, on,… Fun little animations appear when the correct answer is chosen. Clear directions are available, as well as information for parents. It is possible to increase the reading level difficulty if desired. Again, great practice for those readers in need.
- Smiley Guy Studios Inc
- 221.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © uKloo Kids Inc and Smiley Guy Studios Inc. uKloo is a trademark of Doreen Dotto under license to uKloo Kids Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Under the Sea $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.