Choose This not That for Ulcers. Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to reduce your risk, prevent and combat Ulcers (Peptic Ulcer). If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you! Last data update: June 2017.
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. It is for that reason, that we have included separate guidelines for those who might be at risk with any of the following common conditions along with Ulcers: Anemia (iron deficiency), Cancer risk, Depression, Diabetes, Excess body weight or obesity, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Menopause, Stress, and Vitamin D deficiency.
• Top-5 recommendations on what to eat/do, and what not to.
• Food Suggestions. The best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping. Also included are suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
Suggestions presented in this app are based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture), NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. It is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
This app is updated by our team on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Hamilton, MA
Data last updated in Feb. 2018. We made significant updates to the content and functionality of the app in June 2017.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app and was finally able to set up user name and password, but app kept freezing. It's unusable to me.
Developer Response ,
The app does require access to internet/WIFI network, to fetch the latest data from our central server. Also, please ensure that you close the on-screen keyboard before tapping search or other buttons. We are not aware of any bugs that make the app freeze, but if you find otherwise please email us more details to email@example.com. Thank you.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 1.4 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Personal Remedies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.