Ultrasonic Analyzer is a real-time spectrum, spectrogram, oscilloscope and octave RTA analyzer for your iPhone or iPad. It can give you a visual representation of many ultrasounds using a sampling rate up to 384kHz**. You have the opportunity to listen to transposed ultrasounds* and analyze them in real-time. For sounds normally impossible to hear you can also use slowed-down playback.
Ultrasonic Analyzer can be used to analyze the calls of different animals (bats, dolphins), measure the frequency response of hi-end audio equipment or ultrasonic sensors. You can also analyze any imported audio file into a spectrogram context.
- Sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, 200kHz, 250kHz, 384kHz
- Listening to transposed ultrasounds during recording feature*
- Spectrogram analyzer (color, black and white)
- Spectrum analyzer
- Oscilloscope (full FFT window size)
- Octave RTA analyzer: bands - full, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 (RMS values)
- Max/min Octave RTA values
- SPL Meter (dBFS)
- Fast real-time response
- Variable frequency resolution of the spectrogram
- Variable between FFT computations time interval (available smaller than 1ms!)
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Window sizes: 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536
- Recording trigger (triggered by frequencies in the specified frequency band)
- Zoom and pan all charts
- Measure values in all charts
- Playback back analysis (just tap on the spectrogram and play)
- Transposition during playback
- Slow down playback – transpose required octaves down
- PIP (picture-in-picture), allows the simultaneous analysis on the spectrogram chart and Second chart: Octave RTA, Spectrum or Oscilloscope
- Audio input can be supplied via the built-in microphone and an external microphone (via the USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector – Core Audio compliant devices)
- Sharing charts and audio recordings (through mail, social networks, clipboard)
- Exporting to the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud): audio recordings (wav) and image charts (png)
- Importing audio files from another application or from the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud)
- Many formats supported for audio file import: wav, caf, aac, mp3
- Automatic conversion from other sampling rates for imported files
- Frequency scale: linear and logarithmic
- Amplitude scale: linear and logarithmic SPL/RMS (dBFS)
- SPL meter weighting: dBZ - linear
- Variable spectrograms length (depends on set resolution)
Tested with (via the USB camera adapter):
- Dodotronic Ultramic200K, Ultramic250K, Ultramic384K
- Pettersson M500-384
- Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Un
Make sure you use the latest iOS update.
*Use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector.
**For real-time ultrasonic analysis use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector. You can also import files recorded on an external device.
- iOS 11, iPhone X ready
- Import and export audio recordings to and from the iOS 11 Document Browser (supports iCloud)
Ratings and Reviews
Jason Garrett - Reliability Leader for Honda of America
This tool is great! I’ve only tested it in my lab so far. Very excited to try it on the manufacturing floor to test for compressed air leaks.
Buggy, Unreliable, Poor Interface
We were told to install this device for work. It is a very average app for a premium price. It crashes all the time and does not recover the previous audio file. The tool itself is fine, but that doesn't matter when the risk of data loss is so high. Interface is mediocre. I’d recommend the developers go back to the drawing board on this one.
Works well with appropriate Mic
I use the program on my IPad with the dodotronic ultrasonic mic and adapter, and it works great 😀
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.