Ultrasonic Analyzer is a real-time spectrum, spectrogram, oscilloscope and octave RTA analyzer for your iPhone or iPad. It can give you a visual representation of many ultrasounds using a sampling rate up to 384kHz**. You have the opportunity to listen to transposed ultrasounds* and analyze them in real-time. For sounds normally impossible to hear you can also use slowed-down playback.
Ultrasonic Analyzer can be used to analyze the calls of different animals (bats, dolphins), measure the frequency response of hi-end audio equipment or ultrasonic sensors. You can also analyze any imported audio file into a spectrogram context.
- Sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, 200kHz, 250kHz, 384kHz
- Listening to transposed ultrasounds during recording feature*
- Spectrogram analyzer (color, black and white)
- Spectrum analyzer
- Oscilloscope (full FFT window size)
- Octave RTA analyzer: bands - full, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 (RMS values)
- Max/min Octave RTA values
- SPL Meter (dBFS)
- Fast real-time response
- Variable frequency resolution of the spectrogram
- Variable between FFT computations time interval (available smaller than 1ms!)
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Window sizes: 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536
- Recording trigger (triggered by frequencies in the specified frequency band)
- Zoom and pan all charts
- Measure values in all charts
- Playback back analysis (just tap on the spectrogram and play)
- Transposition during playback
- Slow down playback – transpose required octaves down
- PIP (picture-in-picture), allows the simultaneous analysis on the spectrogram chart and Second chart: Octave RTA, Spectrum or Oscilloscope
- Audio input can be supplied via the built-in microphone and an external microphone (via the USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector – Core Audio compliant devices)
- Sharing charts and audio recordings (through mail, social networks, clipboard)
- Exporting to the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud): audio recordings (wav) and image charts (png)
- Importing audio files from another application or from the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud)
- Many formats supported for audio file import: wav, caf, aac, mp3
- Automatic conversion from other sampling rates for imported files
- Frequency scale: linear and logarithmic
- Amplitude scale: linear and logarithmic SPL/RMS (dBFS)
- SPL meter weighting: dBZ - linear
- Variable spectrograms length (depends on set resolution)
Tested with (via the USB camera adapter):
- Dodotronic Ultramic200K, Ultramic250K, Ultramic384K
- Pettersson M500-384
- Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Un
Make sure you use the latest iOS update.
*Use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector.
**For real-time ultrasonic analysis use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector. You can also import files recorded on an external device.
- iOS 13 Dark Mode
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app for analyzing bird calls. Can’t seem to play through Air Pods though.
Works well, great UI, helped me eliminate a cause of a problem
How can the microphone on an iphone sample at such absurdly high rates? I don't know, but it seems to work, and this app has helped me eliminate ultrasound pollution as a cause of headaches that my wife's Macbook air m1 is causing us. The UI is FANTASTIC. The author clearly knows a thing or two about UI design!
Buggy, Unreliable, Poor Interface
We were told to install this device for work. It is a very average app for a premium price. It crashes all the time and does not recover the previous audio file. The tool itself is fine, but that doesn't matter when the risk of data loss is so high. Interface is mediocre. I’d recommend the developers go back to the drawing board on this one.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pawel Krzywdzinski
- 2.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pawel Krzywdzinski
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.