Umbrella is your one stop shop for digital and physical security information, plus resources to manage team security on a budget.
Umbrella helps you identify and respond to threats you face whenever you work, communicate, or travel. Get simple instructions to reduce your risk, even offline. Then make sure you act on them by following one of our checklists, or creating your own. Adapt your plans based on live threat alerts from trusted sources, or share incident forms with your team. Umbrella’s secure infrastructure is perfect for NGOs and people at risk, because it’s funded through grants and paid security training. All content and code is free to reuse under license conditions. You can even customise the content, or add your own. Ask how at email@example.com.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH UMBRELLA:
* Protect yourself with lessons covering dozens of everyday and emergency situations, from sending a secure message to traveling safely in a dangerous country *
* Protect devices and data with simple step-by-step guides to digital security tools *
* Protect your team with shareable checklists and incident forms *
* Measure your progress on the dashboard *
* Monitor threats with location-based alerts from UN ReliefWeb, Centers for Disease Control, US State Department and more *
* Stay current with sources you trust through custom RSS feeds *
* Put your own security manual in Umbrella by forking our GitHub repo and loading yours *
* Much more to come. What do you need to stay secure? Tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org *
WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST US:
* Password encrypts data on your device, we can’t access it *
* You enter your location, no GPS or data sharing - we don’t store your data *
* We welcome edits, issues, and responsible disclosure *
* Security advice sourced from EFF, Tactical Tech, Frontline Defenders, CPJ, ECHO, Protection International, and more *
Our content is published under a Creative Commons license, so feel free to reuse it. Check or contribute to content and code: https://github.com/securityfirst
- Added the French language
Ratings and Reviews
Also former military
Despite what one of the Russian troll bots who hate Umbrella says below, I am also former military and have evaluated every piece of content in the app. It’s excellent. The advice is global best practice so you may have to customise it to your own circumstances but that is obvious. I used it on UN Missions and also as an aid worker in Afghanistan for my teams. It helps set a baseline and it’s more accessible than paper or word docs. Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks and glad you found it useful!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Global Security First Ltd
- 73.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, Persian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Global Security First Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.