Umbrella is your one stop shop for digital and physical security information, plus resources to manage team security on a budget.
Umbrella helps you identify and respond to threats you face whenever you work, communicate, or travel. Get simple instructions to reduce your risk, even offline. Then make sure you act on them by following one of our checklists, or creating your own. Adapt your plans based on live threat alerts from trusted sources, or share incident forms with your team. Umbrella’s secure infrastructure is perfect for NGOs and people at risk, because it’s funded through grants and paid security training. All content and code is free to reuse under license conditions. You can even customise the content, or add your own. Ask how at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH UMBRELLA:
* Protect yourself with lessons covering dozens of everyday and emergency situations, from sending a secure message to traveling safely in a dangerous country *
* Protect devices and data with simple step-by-step guides to digital security tools *
* Protect your team with shareable checklists and incident forms *
* Measure your progress on the dashboard *
* Monitor threats with location-based alerts from UN ReliefWeb, Centers for Disease Control, US State Department and more *
* Stay current with sources you trust through custom RSS feeds *
* Put your own security manual in Umbrella by forking our GitHub repo and loading yours *
* Much more to come. What do you need to stay secure? Tell us at email@example.com *
WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST US:
* Password encrypts data on your device, we can’t access it *
* You enter your location, no GPS or data sharing - we don’t store your data *
* We welcome edits, issues, and responsible disclosure *
* Security advice sourced from EFF, Tactical Tech, Frontline Defenders, CPJ, ECHO, Protection International, and more *
Our content is published under a Creative Commons license, so feel free to reuse it. Check or contribute to content and code: https://github.com/securityfirst
- Added pathways, a tool that helps you quickly react to security challenges.
Ratings and Reviews
- Global Security First Ltd
- 70 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Persian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Global Security First Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.