Umergency is the award-winning, all-in-one health and safety app for high school and college students and families, providing all the tools and resources needed to navigate any emergency situation—anytime, anywhere.
Most parents and their students—whether in high school or college—are unprepared for an emergency. 1 in 4 college-age young adults visits the Emergency Room every year. Mental health issues including depression and anxiety, along with alcohol and drug abuse, have greatly increased among High School and College Students during the past two years. Every week, a new headline highlights the epidemic of violent acts, sexual assaults, or accidents involving students, in particular. The Umergency app was developed by a college mom from her own real-life experience to empower parents and students with the most vital health and safety resources—right at their fingertips. That’s why it’s been used over 85,000 times during the past year.
While other apps are either limited to specific campus locations or use tracking features, Umergency provides the necessary tools—not only for school campuses—but for local community resources, does not use tracking, and works wherever and whenever it’s needed most. Securely linked parents, family members, and close friends can be notified with just one click in an emergency situation using the “Urgent Alert” or "I Am Safe" button. No matter where you are, Umergency has you covered.
- Still Free for Students!
- New Quick & Easy Sign Up for Parents & Students.
- New Instant Access to “Emergency, Health & Safety Resources Near Me” customized to your student’s campus, local community, or wherever they are.
- Securely Linked Accounts share critical data privately between family members and trusted contacts.
- Digital Medical Consent Form Allows family to speak with medical staff.
- Built-in “Urgent Alert” Feature Notifies linked contacts where to send help.
- “I Am Safe” Button lets family members and friends know your student is OK!
- Instantly Accessible Insurance Card.
- Health & Safety Updates keep you up to date on the latest news.
- Access To National Hotlines including RAINN (National Sexual Assault Hotline), National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, National Poison Control Center.
Umergency allows users to access critical resources wherever and whenever it is needed most. That’s why it’s the must-have app for every high school and college family.
- New Document Uploader.
- New Features for High School Students and Families.
- Enhanced User Interface.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a must App for any parent with a kid in college. As we all know, emergencies happen when we least expect them, and being armed with this App can literally be a lifesaver. I especially love the Digital Medical Consent form, as we often forget that even though as a parent we think we’re entitled to know what’s transpiring if our kid is brought to an ER, HIPPA laws prevent it and treat us like strangers. This feature eliminates that barrier and gives us the vital information we need during a crisis.
Great app!!! A must for all parents and kids
I am so thankful that this app exists. When my daughter went off to college, I heard some horror stories of parents who were not able to reach their kids nor get info from doctors about their kids’ conditions, but with the digital medical consent form on the app the doctors were accessible. Plus there are many other parts to this app including the urgent alert button that are game changers. A must!
Essential for All College Families
My family has used the app for both our college students. During a tornado in Texas, we were relieved to be able to know about our son’s safety especially since his school’s emergency system was down. With our daughter, knowing that she has Umergency is like having a health and safety insurance policy particularly with the signed medical consent and insurance forms at the ready. We can’t imagine living without it!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Umergency LLC
- 51.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2022 Umergency LLC - All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Umergency Monthly Subscription $5.99
- Annual Subscription $39.99