Be productive, focused & tidy.
Unclutter is a 3-in-1 productivity app to power up your efficiency and comfort on Mac during the day.
It’s a smart and super handy place on your desktop for storing notes, files and pasteboard clips.
Being just one easy gesture away, Unclutter becomes a surprisingly helpful and convenient tool. In fact 3 tools:
*** Clipboard History ***
Track everything you copy into your Mac’s clipboard. You can browse the list of recent clips & recall any of them.
*** Quick Notes ***
Jot down casual notes without launching a text editor. You can find any note with a keyword, using the full-text search.
*** Files Hub ***
Now you have a place to drop casual files to, without cluttering your Desktop or wasting time on searching for them.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Unclutter stays hidden above your Desktop and opens instantly when you need it. All your data is always with you, nicely stored and neatly organized.
- To open, simply move the pointer to the very top of screen and scroll down. That easy!
- Drag items from Desktop or other applications to the top of screen to store them in Unclutter.
- Instant access to your data on every screen and space of your Mac, even in full screen mode.
- Draggable panels that can stick on top of other windows
- Files and notes can auto-sync across all your Macs via iCloud Drive or Dropbox
- Full retina & multi-display support
- Universal Clipboard support
- Light/Dark theme to match system appearance.
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Have a question? Want to request a feature or share your idea?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Unclutterapp
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Unclutter
- Improved: macOS 13 Ventura compatibility.
- Fixed: "Launch Unclutter at startup" feature now works as expected.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App to Help With File Organization
#1) GREAT developer response with questions that I have had.
#2) While I do not keep my File Folders under the "Unclutter/Folders" scheme, I have created folder shortcuts to place into Unclutter. When I am sorting a large group of old scanned ancestor photos for example and need to access MULTIPLE surname folders, it is nice to have quick access to those folders using Unclutter. I had previously tried putting them into the Finder Sidebar but as expected the Sidebar become "huge".
#3) Having some quick "stickie notes" sync across my different MacOS devices has also been quite helpful and actually was the initial reason that I purchased this app.
#4) One reviewer stated that they wished this app was connected to iCloud. ALL of my files are in iCloud, but they could be in Dropbox or other "cloud" as well. Therefore, whatever device I am on, I see the same folder structure, notes, etc.
I’ve had unclutter for a while now and I just now realized how much I use it. Literally every single day i used my Mac. I either drag my desktop files into the universal folder or make new documents in the notepad. It is also VERY useful to see my clipboard history — which is saves everything copied, pictures, links, everything.
I’m here writing this because I realized that I’ve been using it so much that I almost forgot it isn’t a built in app and thought that, of all the other apps and stuff that I HAVE reviewed, this one was most deserving of one.
Here’s to Unclutter, the app that works so well you forget it’s running and just blend it into your workflow.
Jack of 3 trades. Master of none.
Overall, this seems to be a good app. Here are the things I’ve found that need to be addressed:
1. Clipboard history size is too small. Other CB managers allow for thousands of items (which is what I use). Alfred sets limits based on time - 3 months for example. Until this is resolved, I can’t use the clipboard feature at all.
2. As others have said, the clipboard needs to have an option to paste on click.
3. It would be nice if notes could integrate with the actual notes app rather than saving text documents.
4. Basic markdown support would be nice as well.
5. There’s a bug in the “or just press” field in preferences. Clearing the field does not clear the value. It can only be replaced by something else. This is a minor issue and easily ignored, but worth mentioning.
6. As others have mentioned, the option to actually move a file vs save a reference to a file should be an option. Yoink seems to handle this better, so I’ll keep using that for now as well.
7. Likewise, files dragged as a group should remain grouped so they can easily be dragged out. Again, Yoink and Dropzone seem to get this right.
So overall, while this is a good app, none of it’s three tools are better than the tools I already use for each purpose. That said, I’ll keep an eye on future development as I’m sure the app will continue to improve.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eugene Krupnov
- 7.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-22 Eugene Krupnov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.