Unclutter is a new handy place on your desktop for storing notes, files and pasteboard clips.
To open, simply move the pointer to the very top of screen and scroll down. Drag items from other applications to the top of screen to store them in Unclutter.
Being just one easy gesture away, Unclutter becomes a surprisingly helpful and convenient tool. In fact 3 tools in 1. That will make you feel more comfortable and powerful on your Mac.
- Instant, configurable access even in full screen mode
- File Storage, to keep your Desktop clean from temporary files
- Notes, to write down something quickly
- Clipboard manager, to track what you copy and paste, browse clipboard history
- Draggable cards that can stick on top of other windows
- Files and notes auto-sync across all your Macs via Dropbox.
- Full multi-display support
- Retina display support
- Universal Clipboard support
- Light/Dark theme to match system appearance.
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Have a question? Want to request a feature or share your idea?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter - @Unclutterapp
Facebook - facebook.com/Unclutter
- Fix: On MacOS Catalina, opening a note with links caused this note to become the first in the list (modification date reset). Now works like it should, keeping the note in place.
- Fix: On MacOS Catalina, Unclutter Files sometimes displayed files duplicates. Like when system saves a screenshot and creates a hidden file first, then renames it to the real image file. Now this case is handled properly.
- Fix: When system clipboard is empty (like after reboot), Unclutteer Clipboard will now switch to Clipboard History showing you the list of stacked clips (if any). No confusing 'Clipboard is empty' messages anymore for this case.
- Minor code updates to improve the stability of Unclutter drag & drop operations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App to Help With File Organization
#1) GREAT developer response with questions that I have had.
#2) While I do not keep my File Folders under the "Unclutter/Folders" scheme, I have created folder shortcuts to place into Unclutter. When I am sorting a large group of old scanned ancestor photos for example and need to access MULTIPLE surname folders, it is nice to have quick access to those folders using Unclutter. I had previously tried putting them into the Finder Sidebar but as expected the Sidebar become "huge".
#3) Having some quick "stickie notes" sync across my different MacOS devices has also been quite helpful and actually was the initial reason that I purchased this app.
#4) One reviewer stated that they wished this app was connected to iCloud. ALL of my files are in iCloud, but they could be in Dropbox or other "cloud" as well. Therefore, whatever device I am on, I see the same folder structure, notes, etc.
Jack of 3 trades. Master of none.
Overall, this seems to be a good app. Here are the things I’ve found that need to be addressed:
1. Clipboard history size is too small. Other CB managers allow for thousands of items (which is what I use). Alfred sets limits based on time - 3 months for example. Until this is resolved, I can’t use the clipboard feature at all.
2. As others have said, the clipboard needs to have an option to paste on click.
3. It would be nice if notes could integrate with the actual notes app rather than saving text documents.
4. Basic markdown support would be nice as well.
5. There’s a bug in the “or just press” field in preferences. Clearing the field does not clear the value. It can only be replaced by something else. This is a minor issue and easily ignored, but worth mentioning.
6. As others have mentioned, the option to actually move a file vs save a reference to a file should be an option. Yoink seems to handle this better, so I’ll keep using that for now as well.
7. Likewise, files dragged as a group should remain grouped so they can easily be dragged out. Again, Yoink and Dropzone seem to get this right.
So overall, while this is a good app, none of it’s three tools are better than the tools I already use for each purpose. That said, I’ll keep an eye on future development as I’m sure the app will continue to improve.
This is a highly useful tool, which I am pleased to have purchased. However, there are a few items I wish had been included:
1. The ability to change the font (size, color, style) of your notes. Perhaps support for RTF would do the trick.
2. Included an option separate panel as a scratchpad. That could be a replacement for the stock Stickies app and would be highly useful for jotting down content that doesn’t merit saving as a file/note. For my particular use-case, the ideal layout would be: Clipboard | Scratchpad | Notes.
3. The option of setting line preview preferences for Notes, something as simple as 1-3 line preview as found in most email clients. Teh addition of this feature would allow either more Notes to be displayed and/or give the user a better understanding of the Note’s contents.
And finally, I have noticed one minor issue. At times, the app disallows the ability to delete a note. I haven’t yet figured out what triggers this, however, the simple workaround is to manually delete the unwanted Note(s) from within the Finder window. However, this is a drawback from the convenience as you need to navigate to the directory and select the correct file(s).
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Great feedback! Can I kindly ask you to give more details on request #2 and the issue with deleting notes, please? Write me to email@example.com.
- Eugene Krupnov
- 5.1 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-20 Eugene Krupnov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.