Now includes sites inscribed in 2017 and 2018. Use the UNESCO World Heritage app to explore all the World Heritage sites at home or while on your travels, choosing your favourites and marking them off as you visit them.
This app fully describes all the UNESCO World Heritage sites. The prestigious List includes some of the most famous places in the world, such as the Archaeological Site of Troy, the Historic City of Toledo in Spain, Mount Etna in Italy and the showcase of evolution that is the Galapagos Islands.
You can search for sites in various ways:
- All on Map: World Heritage sites displayed by geographic location
- Index: an A-Z list of all the UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Year Inscribed: the Year that sites were added to the World Heritage List
- State party: World Heritage sites organised by State Party
- Classification of Site: choose from Cultural, Natural or Mixed sites
- Favourites: browse the sites you have marked as favourites
- Recently Viewed: the last 20 UNESCO sites you have viewed
- Visited Sites: browse the sites you have marked as visited
- Random: displays a UNESCO site at random
You can also bookmark your favourite sites and share the description using email, facebook and twitter.
The app contains:
- Over 700 stunning photographs
- Descriptions of over 1050 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- The latest sites to be inscribed to the list
- Offline location maps
This is the ultimate app for armchair and active travellers alike.
- Includes sites added in 2017 and 2018
- Optimised for recent devices
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Seems like this was designed many years ago, in the infancy of mobile interaction design. Doesn't give me a sense of the importance of the world heritage site program, nor the engagement necessary to keep these sites in the public consciousness. Hope another publisher takes this on, because this app not only misses the mark, but misunderstands user expectations and goals of the WHS program.
Update to include new sites really appreciated
The app is really good in terms of providing information about UNESCO World Heritage Sites and has been recently updated to show the new sites added to the list up to 2016. Highly recommended!
Out of date and broken
Years out of date. iOS 13 broken.
- Harper Collins Publishers Limited
- 513.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © UNESCO, Collins Bartholomew Ltd and Aimer Media Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.