Unfolder is a 3D model unfolding tool to help you create papercraft easily and quickly.
1. Create a 3D model in any 3D editor
2. Unfold the 3D model into a 2D template in Unfolder
3. Print the template out to make your papercraft by cutting, folding and gluing
Importing and Exporting
• Import 3D objects in OBJ format
• Sync 3D objects with Blender and Cinema 4D in one click
• Partially update the imported objects
• Supports materials and textures
• Export templates in PDF, DXF, SVG, or PNG format
• Generate 2D patches for your 3D models in a few seconds
• The algorithm is highly optimized for papercraft to minimize your effort in further editing
• Move, rotate, align, and distribute patches
• Split and join patches easily by clicking the edges in 2D view or 3D view
• Generate paper-saving layout automatically
• Highlight overlapping or overflowing patches
• Adjust the size of your papercraft by typing the dimensions you want
• Switch, add and remove flaps easily by clicking the flaps or edges
• Reshape flaps by dragging the handles intuitively or typing the angles and height precisely
• Copy and paste the shape of flaps
• Automatically optimize the flap shape to avoid the collision
• Display the flap targets (the area where a flap should be glued to)
• Customize the color, width, and dashing of the lines
• Individually control the appearance of the cutting line, ridge-fold line, and valley-fold line
• Hide unnecessary lines manually or automatically
• Improved the SVG exporting
• Fixed a bug that caused the edges cannot be hidden in rare cases
• Fixed some minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
A genius created this.
I was looking around for any kind of an app that could help me in creating my set design props for our church’s VBS. I like to create 3D models and transform them into large cardboard props and sets. This app is genius, and as far as I can tell, one of a kind. I am not saying it could not use some improvement, but for what I have been able to do with it so far this past week, I would say it is invaluable to anyone involved with paper craft.
I would love to have the ability to interactively shorten or lengthen a tab, rather than having to rely on the global control.
Some sort of optional numbering system would be useful to help align tabs, preferrably one that prints the numbers on the tabs.
It would be nice to have the option to delete unwanted or unneeded patches. In the model I am currently working with, there are dozens of tiny pieces that seem to just be loose edges from the model that I did not see when manipulating it in Blender. I did not create the model I am manipulating, so it is not surprising to me to find artifacts. I would like to be able to remove them from the Unfolder file.
I would like to be able to stitch closed edges that are very, very close and really do not require cutting.
Good job! looking forward to the next version.
This dev knows how to make a Mac app!!!
This dev gets it. Brilliant app, decptively genius in terms of how well thought-out it is. Everything feels like a native Apple app: the things you expected work just as they should, but there are plenty of "extras" the dev thought of which make for great surprises as you go along. Wish every dev shared these exact same design sensibilities.
For what it's worth, I had to buy this through the dev's site because the App store because I kept getting that "could not complete your purchase" error common to Mojave. But even that experience was very Mac-like. Completely happy customer.
It is almost magic how it can generate paper-folding templates from an imported 3D OBJ file. There may be other programs that can do this, but I haven't seen them.
It may not have every feature under the sun like a lot of 3D modeling programs, but that is not its job. It *does* have every feature I've needed.
It also uses a clean and beautiful design for the UI.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 玄洋 吴
- 9.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Xuanyang Wu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.