Unforeseen Incidents is a classical style interactive mystery set in a beautifully hand-painted world. Join Harper Pendrell and experience a challenging investigation, smart dialog and a rich cast of characters in this thrilling new adventure game.
• "With a great voice cast, distinctive visual style, and intricate puzzle design, Unforeseen Incidents delivers a solid if well-worn story of a nobody from nowhere saving the world." - 80% - Adventuregamers.com
• "I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve enjoyed a long-form point-and-click adventure this much. It reminds me why I love the genre so much." - RECOMMENDED - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
• "There is charm to be found in every nook and cranny of Unforeseen Incident’s world." - Kotaku
• "Unforeseen Incidents is one of the best point-and-click adventure games of recent years. Not only does it look and sound great, it has the puzzles to match." - 90% - alternativemagazineonline.co.uk
• "Backwoods Entertainment succeeds in their debut to deliver a really good game that makes the heart of adventure gamers beat faster." - 88% - Adventure-Treff.de
ABOUT THE GAME
Unforeseen Incidents is a classical style interactive mystery set in a beautifully hand-painted world. When small-town handyman Harper Pendrell meets a dying woman in the street, he unwittingly stumbles into a diabolical conspiracy – a mystery only he can solve. An unknown disease is spreading across the country, and between them a scientist, a reporter and a reclusive artist hold the key to stopping it. A perilous journey awaits, and every step brings Harper closer to a cabal of dangerous fanatics. Before he knows it, he finds himself in a fight for the future of humankind armed only with his trusty multi-tool.
Can Harper find the courage to expose the truth and prevent an epidemic, even if it means succumbing to contagion himself? Join Harper and experience a challenging investigation, smart dialog and a rich cast of characters in this thrilling new adventure game from Backwoods Entertainment and Application Systems Heidelberg.
• Uncover and solve the dark mysteries behind the ongoing catastrophe and try and save the human race!
• Explore plenty of intriguing locations with challenging puzzles
• Listen to an elaborately arranged soundtrack and full English or German voice acting
• Enjoy a classical style mystery adventure game
• Behold beautiful, lovingly hand-painted 2D graphics with over 60 backgrounds
• Meet lots of interesting characters
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love Style of Graphics
Easy to play game, but some of the puzzles are still a little challenging. Decent storyline as well. What stands out the most is the beautiful artwork. Transitions are fairly smooth as well, I just wish it didn’t take so long to load different sections of the map. It was particularly annoying if you had to volley back and forth between one end of the map and another (as you do during the beginning of the game.) Also, there are parts of the game that are either buggy or take way too long for the completed puzzle to kick in. Overall, I’m really surprised it’s not a more popular game on the app store.
- Application Systems Heidelberg Software GmbH
- 1.1 GB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017/2018 Backwoods Entertainment © 2017/2018 Application Systems Heidelberg Software GmbH - All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.