unGlue Kids is a free app designed especially for kids and teens to learn healthier screen time habits and manage their own Internet time set by their Parents in the unGlue Parents App.
**BEFORE DOWNLOADING UNGLUE KIDS: Be sure to first download unGlue for Parents. unGlue Kids will not work without unGlue for Parents.**
The app empowers kids to manage their screen time with these features:
- Daily Internet Schedules
- Entertainment Time Limits sets usage limits for apps and games like YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Clash of Clans, Minecraft and much more
- Chores for Time
- Steps4Time allows your kids to earn Entertainment Time with their daily steps
- Daily Activity Reports
- Bank any unused time for later in the Time Bank
Desperate to end screen battles and get your kids off their electronic devices? unGlue Kids is an app designed especially for children and teens to learn healthier online habits and manage their own internet time. Here’s our pact to you - unGlue will help improve inter-familial relationships and prepare your kids for a lifetime of technology and time management.
unGlue Parents for iPhone:
More than a parental control app, unGlue Kids is based on the breakthrough idea that parents and children should agree on the right amount of screen time BEFORE trying to enforce rules around it. unGlue Kids sets a simple schedule and lets kids budget their time and even allows them to request more time. The result? Zero surprises and better time management skills.
unGlue enables kids to:
- See how much screen time they’ve been allotted and track their usage, down to the minute
- See their daily schedules for screen time so they can plan their day accordingly
- Know when they are almost out of Entertainment Time
- Ask their parents for more time in exchange for completing chores and other tasks
- Rollover unused screen time minutes to use for another day
- Treat screen time almost like cash by giving them the ability to earn and save minutes, therefore teaching them to value their time better
- Earn more time through being active & going on walks, jogs or runs
Our solution is designed to be easy to use and easy to set up. Download the Parents App app and follow the instructions to connect your family’s devices in minutes. It works everywhere your children go — at home, in the car, or when they’re out with friends. It works with any device, so you can set limits on smartphones, TVs, tablets and gaming consoles.
unGlue's Steps4Time feature integrates with Apple's HealthKit to track kids' steps over the course of the day. Steps are converted into entertainment time for kids' use, keeping your family happy, healthy and active.
We recommend that you use unGlue to:
- Teach your children important time management skills
- Create flexible boundaries for screen time that give children more freedom to make their own decisions
- Reinforce spoken or written family rules for screen time and Internet use
- Establish a “Family Media Plan” as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Reward your children for building healthier viewing habits and motivating them to make better choices on their own
- Help your younger children learn how to handle their first electronic devices
- Guide your older children and teens to balance screen time with family time
- Set schedules for dinner, homework, and bedtime since children thrive on established routines
- Encourage an active lifestyle by earning more time through steps.
For support, please contact email@example.com
Got a question? Read our FAQs at http://www.unglue.com/faqs
We removed session tracking
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s good for what it is.
I’m 17 and yes, my parents still have this app on my phone until I’m 18 (I’ve been counting down the days since i was 13). For an app that is supposed to limit screen time, it does a good job at it and I say, if your kids spend too much time on their phone, then you can get this app and limit their 8 hour use to 3 or 5, whichever works. the only problem with this app is the constant glitches. It drives me insane when it glitches out and the VPN is down and my parents think I’ve turned it off. it happens a lot and I’ve emailed support on multiple occasions. Otherwise, pretty good app.
It’s okay, nevermind there a big problem
At first I was mad about it but it’s okay... for now. I like the control of the app. I was limited by my parents but now unGlue is keeping track, so I know I’m getting the actual amount of time I’m limited to. EDIT: I want you guys to fix this, when the VPN is turned on, my bars are always at two even when I have like an hour left of screen time. When my mom turned it off, it went back to four, I like the app except that I want to be able to have my normal data bars, not super slow. Now I'm mad about it and am considering changing the app if the VPN is still affecting my data. Pls change that. EDIT: strike two. You guys count Fortnite as entertainment time but when I play other games like brawl stars it doesn’t count? And my vpn keeps turning off in the nighttime, I shouldn’t need to turn it on each day EDIT why isn’t it counting other games as entertainment time. Only fortnite!
How to ruin your relationships with your kids.
Coming personally from a teenager who has screen time on their phone, this isn’t a good solution if your children are always on their devices. I guarantee all this will do is make them feel spiteful towards you. Screen time for me is actually terrible on my mental health and has ruined my relationship with my mother. Please, all parents who are out there and think “this will help my child”, it won’t. Chances are you’re most likely limiting your kids’ time on their phones is because you’re strict/controlling and don’t have a balanced power dynamic with your children, so you decide limiting time on their phones will fix it. Another heads up that doing things like this will just make you’re children better liars and able to bypass things easier! Moral of the story though- this isn’t the way to go about parenting, and if you are going to apps like this, you’ve probably failed as a parent!! ❤️
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- unGlue Inc.
- 53 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 unGlue
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.