UniChar 7 is here. Introducing a complete Unicode table, a favorites category, and much more. This update takes full advantage of new capabilities in iOS 13 including dark mode and context menus.
● Browse the complete map of Unicode symbols
● Symbols are organized by code point in their respective blocks
● View a list of all blocks, search for one, and instantly jump to it
● Thanks to your feedback, now you can favorite symbols, allowing you to access them quickly
● Drag and drop to rearrange them
● Access favorites in the app, keyboard, widget, and on Apple Watch
● UniChar looks stunning with a new dark interface
● Automatically matches your system appearance
● Tap and hold to see details about a character and reveal a menu of options
● Quickly copy or insert the symbol, name, code, html, or all of the character info – your last used options are placed right at the top
● Add or remove a symbol from your favorites
And Much More
● Added 500 newly supported symbols including mahjong tiles, domino tiles, playing cards, a dedicated musical category, and more
● Quicker access to Search by Drawing
● Added undo button when using and training Search by Drawing
● Added ability to drag and drop the character name or all character info
● Added ability to customize what information to drag and drop from the widget
● Expanded keyboard shortcuts
● Refined iconography
● Full accessibility support including Voice Control
A lot of thought and hard work has gone into this update. If you love it please let me know by leaving a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with an amazing team behind it
You can only switch from Unichar to another keyboard using the lower left keyboard button. If an app is not updated for use on the iPhone X the bottom bar where that button would be is just a black bar and the button doesn't exist therefore the only way to change it is to go to settings and delete unichar/reinstall unichar. The default keyboard moves the button to the original position when an app isn't compatible. Used this keyboard a lot on my previous phone, but it's a pain in its current state.
Update: 1 day after posting my review the developer addressing the issue and the next day an update fixing it was released. Great work.
Love it so far!
I just downloaded this earlier today and have had a lot of fun with texts tonight. ☺︎ It does exactly what I expected it to do, in fact it’s even easier to navigate than I expected it to be. I’m confident in this app over any other Unicode app I’ve seen, it seems that whenever there has been a problem, the DEV gets right on it for a fix. That’s refreshing, I’m not used to that kind of quick turnaround! I’m using the free version, so far everything has been great. Thank you! ☆
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I’m really glad you’re liking the app. ☻
Tried and few of these apps and this one is worth the money
I needed a Unicode symbols app and this one is definitely the best. The keyboard works great and it’s also really easy to search for and copy symbols within the app itself. Also, unlike other apps, this app will save your recently-used symbols in the beginning section of the keyboard which is very helpful. Nice work!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! I’m really happy to hear you’re liking the app and keyboard. I appreciate the kind review. 😊
- Jordan Hipwell
- 112.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Jordan Hipwell
- In-App Purchases
- All Categories $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.