• Support for Unicode version 11
• Display glyphs in Private use Areas
• Drag and drop support on iPad
• Improved compatibility with iPhone X
• New pinch gesture in catalogs to change the font size
• Updated BabelStoneHan and Unifont fonts
• Added some Noto sans fonts
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful (and cool)
Cool app, VERY GOOD resource for Unicode retrieval of characters and description of them! Interface makes it easy to directly jump to major sections of unicode chart, and the ablity to search for characters by text within the description is absolutely a god send!
Be aware this is not the full paid app version, that also includes keyboard which is a must if you don't want to leave this one open all of the time.
With this version you have to switch back and forth between it and the app your working in and copy/paste each character you wish to use one at a time.
Thank you, Žiga Kranjec!
The iPad natively includes many (though by no means all) Unicode characters, but the iOS keyboards don't provide users easy access to those characters. This app opens up a whole world of possibilities for Unicode text entry. I'll be using it primarily to enter Hebrew text with nikkud, but anybody who wants to access characters that aren't on the system keyboards should definitely give this app a whirl. It's become an important part of my workflow within hours of purchase. As a college professor, I especially appreciate the function that allows me to share my custom keyboards with students and colleagues.
Before you buy, though, be sure you understand that you type the text within Unicode Maps and then copy/paste to get it into other apps (including web pages that accept text input). The app doesn't modify the system keyboards.
One suggestion for future development: add a backspace/delete button to the bar above the keyboard (where the right/left cursor and keyboard selection buttons are).
Useful & easy to use
Great interface & functionality.
Would love to see...
- ability to rearrange keys on custom keyboards (maybe an edit mode that let you drag&drop keys?)
- ability to remove custom keys while on the keyboard itself (w/o having to go back to the list)
- ability to sort Unicode blocks numerically (in addition to the current alpha-by-title sort)
- ability to add space/return/backspace keys to custom keyboards
- would also be handy to be able to save/swap out keyboards from w/in the app itself. I've been able to accomplish essentially the same thing by mailing myself layouts, it'd just be nice not to have to have to hunt down a mail to do it. :)
Also, FYI to any new users - you may find it handy to mail yourself a blank keyboard. Has saved me a lot of time when wanting to clear out a custom keyboard.
A big thank-you to the dev, great app, has been very useful (& informative), look fwd to future updates!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.