Fancy Unicode character map with lots of cool features. Support for things like custom keyboards and fonts.
Unicode Pad Pro specific Features:
• Custom keyboards can be used in any other iOS app
• Install bundled fonts for use in other apps
• Import and use any custom font into the app
• Support for Unicode 15 standard, which has many new symbols.
• Huge selection of symbols (thousands), in fact all that are available on your device. Database itself actually contains data for all characters (over 140000!).
• Copy characters to clipboard for use in other apps, like web, mail, chat, notes... any iOS app!
• Detailed information on each Unicode character, including encodings, extra info, similar characters and availability in fonts
• Extensive gesture support for smooth workflow!
• Drag and drop support!
• Notepad with customizable keyboards, for your often-used characters and for copying several characters at once. Great for casual writing, too!
• Custom keyboards can be used in any iOS app
• Share your custom keyboards with your friends!
• Quick access to many groups of commonly used symbols!
• Search for characters by name, hexadecimal codepoint or glyph! Find similar and related characters instantly!
• Great support for iPad multitasking - works great together with other apps
• Streamlined design, specifically optimized for each device. Support for all device orientations and Retina display.
• Support for dark mode.
• Fully tested on latest iOS
• Support for Backspace, New line, Shift and Alternate special keys on custom keyboards.
• Custom keyboard sizes up to 6x16=96 keys.
• View extended character descriptions on Wikipedia, unicode.org charts or Emojipedia right from inside the app!
• Copy glyphs as PDF graphics or PNG images
• Sections of favourite and recently copied characters
• One universal application works on iPhone, iPod and iPad!
• Reference booklet of characters available on modern computers! Paper Unicode maps are over 1000 pages long!
• Developers: see which characters are available on your iOS device!
• Great for scientific, mathematical and physics notation, handles many superscripts, subscripts and other symbols!
• Excellent for phonetic notation!
• Perfect for writing Unicode poetry!
• Awesome for making interesting app names!
• HTML entity names for relevant characters
• UNIHAN english definitions for CJK ideograms for many characters
• Flick left and right for next and previous characters in detail view
• Custom keyboards can now include a spacebar
• New fonts: Pali Tilok, Mezenets Unicode, Noto Sans Indic Siyaq Numbers, Noto Sans Symbols 2
• Many updated fonts
• Improved ABC keyboard
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
If it does what it says—HELP
This is an edited review, up from one star to 4. The implementation of the app is, let’s say, laconic. You pretty much have to figure it out UNLESS you discover (which I did in a promptly replied-to email to the developer) that “About Unicode Pro” at the very bottom left of what is functionally the home screen, is also where the documentation hides!!
That too is laconic but using it, if you have a clue about unicode at all (and if not, why are you buying this app?) you can do pretty wonderful things. I have to transliterate Middle Eastern Languages, and with Unicode Pro, some time and some patience, I am now able to enter all the characters I need (and more!) via a custom keyboard. Since I also use a hardware keyboard, this means I can have the transliteration keyboard open on the screen, and type normally until I need some weird character or other, and then, boom! Brilliant!
Five stars when the documentation is labeled “Help” or something similarly obvious. But an elegant little app, on the whole, and invaluable to me.
Developer Response ,
Done! The new version just released has a help button at the very top of the home screen. Hopefully this will make it more obvious. Thank you for your suggestions!
This App is AMAZING! Been searching for something like this for a while. What can make it even better is the ability to create custom fonts from scratch WITHIN the App. I will update my review to a 5-star when the current cons are gone... Pros: • Able to create custom keyboards • Wide variety of catalogs • Able to store entire sets of letters, words and phrases (other than single characters) inside the keyboard buttons. Cons: • Drag and drop feature when reorganizing custom keyboard • There is a bug that needs to be fixed in the “Search for more keyboard option“ for example, when I select a keyboard of preference, then deselect, I cannot choose another keyboard again unless I back out of everything then re-enter the option • No Phoenician script that reads right to left. I have an iPhone Pro Max 12 with the 16.3 update. Thank you again!
Developer Response ,
The bug with loading other keyboards has been fixed!
Like your app. Like the favorites too. Just thought of a new symbol you can add to your app. — title: Hidden= a box where you can install a hidden message or picture in your app or in Parentheses. By pressing the middle of the parentheses or brackets the hidden picture appears. Or put in a dot in the box or brackets telling you have a hidden message. If it is text, it will speak the message in English or any language in the box or? Like those emoji characters, but I don’t know what they mean: captions please. Keep adding...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ziga Kranjec
- 254.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Žiga Kranjec
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.