UniFi Video™ is a video surveillance management platform from Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
UniFi Video cameras can be managed and monitored from the UniFi Video mobile application via the Network Video Recorder (NVR) Controller software. The NVR Controller software allows you to view live feeds and recordings from your UniFi Video cameras.
The UniFi Video mobile application is compatible with NVR Controller software version 3.1.0 and higher.
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, could be better
- Why does it take multiple seconds (seemingly ~10?) to connect to an NVR on the same LAN?
- Frequent connectivity and sluggishness issues (even using only a few micros and one g3). NVR often loses ability to stream live video while still somehow being able to stream recordings. (This is the case even when viewing a wired camera.)
- Can't delete multiple/all recordings in a given filter. Have to delete each recording individually if you want to clean up.
- There are some configuration options you can make to cameras via the web interface but not via this app. For example, you can't rename cameras, or set various advanced recording options (like how many seconds of motion are required to trigger a record) in the app. Therefore while setting up cameras you'll need to make trips back and forth between cameras and the computer with access to the NVR, or carry a laptop around with you.
- Ability to see camera MAC addresses in the app without manually including the last 4 characters in the cameras' names
- Ability to use Unifi controller aliases as NVR camera names so that they always match. Alternatively, store camera names on the cameras themselves so that they appear consistently in the NVR and Unifi controller without aliases.
Other than the above, it works great and is simple to navigate!
Crashes at startup, and yeah read before you buy!
Just crashes at startup, deleted app, but still crashes, such a stupid app, spend a lot in UniFi products, just to always get the run around in support, is a very disappointing experience, never lives up to the hype, so sad, because I was hoping it was a great replacement to all other video and network solutions, but they just seam to release products for a short time, then kill them a few months later, leaving the so promising products to die, without any support, the tech support that they do have, doesn’t know anything about their own products, they refer you to someone else, just to wait days or weeks, and oftentimes to never get a resolution for even the simplest problems, they don’t funny test their updates, and oftentimes it breaks networks, not a very reliable company, don’t expect an apple quality of a product, even though one of the engineer claims to have come from apple, I feel as thought he was probably fired from Apple, and so the products are not up to any single standards, so much could be done right, but somehow they always find a way to ruin a promising product, and we end up being their test dummy’s because we never get a quality product, just junk.
Does Not Work Properly on iPhone X
The app works fine for viewing live video (up to a 4-5 second delay, which is actually really good for a phone app) and the multi-view is a nice added feature. However, my G3-Micro microphones make a terrible and loud clicking sound when trying to use them from the app. The sound also does not play back on iPhone even after turning it on. I know my cameras work fine because from my computer and older iPhones I don’t get this sound when using the microphone or these other sound issues. The app badly needs an iPhone X update. The phone has been out for over a year now. PLEASE fix the microphone issue. It makes using the microphone from the app impossible and renders a key feature of a $200 camera unusable.
- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
- 37.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.