==== Important, Read First ===
This version will switch UniScan Web to an annual subscription mode.
UniScan Web turns the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into an ID card / barcode scanner, helping you to extract and store ID card number / barcode into the relevant field in the web form. It has an option to append scanned data to a URL.
-Setup the Scan String, define Start position and length of scan string
-App supports POST and GET requests
-Scan barcodes using built-in Camera
-Preset any Home URL and URL to send POST/GET requests
-Browse to any web page and populate any field from the scan
-Open application inside the app OR open in external browser.
-Many settings will allow you to setup the app for any environment
NOTE: UniScan Web REQUIRES A COMPATIBLE THIRD PARTY HARDWARE (SCANNER), PURCHASED SEPARATELY, SEE BELOW.
Hardware compatibility list:
- iMag by IDTech for iPhones and iPod Touch
- iMag Pro by IDTech Magnetic stripe reader for iPhones/iPads/iPod Touch 30 pin
- iMag Pro II by IDTech Magnetic stripe reader for iPhones/iPads/iPod Touch 8 pin Lightening port
- UniMag, Mobile MagStripe Reader for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- UniMag Pro, Mobile MagStripe Reader for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Honeywell Captuvo SL22, SL 42, SL62 1D/2D barcode scanner/Magnetic stripe reader
- Linea-Pro iPhone/iPod Touch portable Barcode Scanner - Magnetic stripe reader
- Linea-Pro 4 iPhone/iPod Touch portable 2D Barcode (PDF417) Scanner & Magnetic stripe reader
- Linea-Pro 5 iPhone/iPod Touch portable 2D Barcode (PDF417) Scanner & Magnetic stripe reader
- Infinea Tab all models
- KoamTac KDC300/KDC300i/KDC350M/KDC350iM barcode reader / data collector
- KoamTac KDC200/KDC200i/KDC200M/KDC200iM barcode reader / data collector
- KoamTac KDC415/KDC415i/KDC425/KDC425i barcode reader / data collector
- KoamTac KDC20/20i/30/30i barcode reader / data collector
Honeywell 4 users need to upgrade the firmware first
(Honeywell Firmware 1.6 upgrade see out page http://idscan.net/downloads.html and YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_UQ56vd7BA)
Ratings and Reviews
I believe every school system will benefit from this! This is a MUST HAVE app!
Missing obvious features
This app is very close to being useful. There are some painfully obviously needed features that the developers simply neglected to include. For example, it can only scan to a single, predefined field. If you need to scan more than one item, you're out of luck. Also, it is limited to a single, predefined URL. This is horribly limiting to people trying to use this app for even moderately complex data collection. In my case, I would like to scan the member's badge, then scan an item that they would like to buy, and then scan their credit card. While I will be able to do this, it requires more programming since all of these scans have to happen on the same page and in the same box. Why not just let the user select the page and input box and just enter the scan into the selected box?
Useful for integrating with web app
I was delighted to find the feature in this app where you can generate a GET or POST HTTP request on each scan. I'm building a mobile app that consumes a PHP web services back end. With the other apps that I looked at I would have to store the scanned string on the phone and then use the mobile app to retrieve it. The HTTP request approach cuts out the middle man.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 40.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © IDScan.net
- In-App Purchases
- UniScanWeb (Annual Subscription) $44.99