Unite is a simple and easy-to-use GroupMe app for the Mac. It allows you to view and message all of your active GroupMe groups and chats, all in a native macOS app. You can even share files, images, locations, GIFs, and emoji with your family and friends, right from your Mac!
Local notifications alert you as new messages arrive, so you'll never miss a message. What's more, badges on the app icon show how many unread messages you have. Unite allows you to save and zoom in on any images you receive and view locations your friends sent you on interactive maps. If groups get too chatty, Unite allows you to pin important groups and mute spammy ones.
Unite also features powerful group management tools, allowing you to create, join, rename, share, leave, and delete groups. You can even add or remove group members, as well as view past groups you've been in, right on your Mac.
- View all of your active GroupMe groups and chats.
- Send messages, images, GIFs, files, locations, emoji, and more.
- Receive local notifications as new messages arrive.
- View locations sent to you on interactive maps and zoom in on pictures.
- Heart messages with one click and view their like counts.
- Create, join, rename, share, and manage groups.
- Maintain focus by pinning important groups and muting spammy ones.
- Customize the app to show up in the status bar or start at login.
- Enable or disable badges on the app icon.
- Navigate the app with keyboard shortcuts.
- Enjoy the only native GroupMe client on macOS.
Please note not all features of the GroupMe platform are available in Unite as it relies on the public GroupMe API and is not affiliated with Microsoft.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes groups would not show up in the Former Groups window after using the Leave Group button
- Fixed a rare issue where the app could stop fetching new messages
- Added more support options to the Help menu
- Reduced app size
- Reduced CPU usage
- Improved compatibility with the latest releases of macOS
Ratings and Reviews
Great GroupMe client
I prefer using Unite to the GroupMe web app for sure. It does pretty much everything you could want it to. It's lacking some features, such as a clear indication of muted groups and number of post likes. Hopefully they'll be added, if possible. Overall it's a decent app, and I'm happy I downloaded it.
Developer Response ,
Post like counts are available in the latest update. Please contact us if you have any additional feedback.
Great App but limitations
It's a great App and I Love being able to type on a computer for texting. I hate using a phone, so this is perfect in that regard. However, the lack of features in this app compared to GroupMe i.e. polls, pinned messages, etc doesn't make it a seamless experinece. Also, messages tend to not update, the window always resizes to a small size, and I have to open and reopen it a lot. Otherwise, it's useful for what it's good for.
This is a fine app if you just want the ability to send, view, and like messages, but it is lacking most of the features of theapp like the calendar, polls, seeing if other people have liked a message, replying to a specific message, etc. Works well for those things I mentinoed first and that is it. I expected more from an app I had to pay 5 dollars for.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Furnace Creek Software LLC
- 2.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Furnace Creek Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.