Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
In this release, we’re focusing on making the app even more seamless as your travel through your journey. Updates include:
• Notifications containing flight status will now link directly into the app
• In the case of irregular operations due to weather, we’ll provide special messaging that provides self-service options
Ratings and Reviews
App can't help airline get their act together
We fly a lot - out of Billings, Montana and since United and Delta are pretty much our only choices, we have a LOT of comparison. I've said more than once, "never again," to flying United. This time I mean it. On this occasion the equivalent Delta itinerary was $100 more and had layovers that were a little longer. In reality, United had 2 flights with mechanical problems which took our layover from 38 minutes to adding an extra day to our trip at 11 pm. Dealing with a hotel, no luggage, food vouchers, etc... Wish I had spent the extra $300. We ended up having our replacement flight cancelled (rearrange another airport ride ... ripple effect on other people) and had our pre-arranged seat assignments changed as we were walking on the plane with the employee saying, "sorry nothing we can do," to being given food vouchers that didn't work because nothing was open (after traveling 24 hours on 3 connections and only 1 flight had food - i.e. STARVING children). In the future, I will fly Delta, spend a little extra money and get what I pay for. United blew it - AGAIN! While I understand these are first world problems, this is not an isolated incident. We spent $1400 per ticket for our itinerary and find United's service abysmal.
Can’t add miles to flights
The biggest problem I had with this app is actually the same problem I’m having with the actual website, which is that you can’t add your mileageplus information to a reservation. For over a year, I’ve had to call into United to add my Mileageplus information to my flights. When I try to add it on the “Edit traveler information” on the website, I get a message asking that I please enter a valid account number. On the app, there’s just no way to add the number. SO once again, I have to call in. Which is horrible.
I’ve the in flight wifi and entertainment on my flight. It's great. It would be great if United had hotspots at their terminals and checked in passengers could access this to watch movies/tv while they're waiting for their flight. Especially if it's delayed. It Would also be nice if I received updates as part of notifications on my phone for gate changes or flight cancelations. I've almost missed flights because the gate changed and I didn't get that update on my phone. Or I've left my house to go to the airport when I didn't have to because I wasn't updated on a cancelation. Not very cool. The united card should also be added to passport. All the other airlines have this. Why not united??
App worked great
I used this app when traveling internationally recently, and it did exactly what it was supposed to. I loaded my boarding passes on the phone and therefore didn't have to talk to an agent at a check-in counter (though occasionally it had difficulty scanning, but only once or twice). Better yet, on my return flight I used it to load movies for free from the in-flight entertainment system, which they had a very wide selection to choose from. You could also play/pause and seek at your leisure with no problem. I will caution that playing movies with it will drain your battery faster (what would you expect?), but either use in-seat power or have a good usb power bank (like I did) and you're laughing. I had to charge my phone twice watching 2-3 movies but still managed to have a full battery when I landed (my phone's fairly new though, older batteries may have more trouble). Also on the flight out the entertainment system was malfunctioning but I can't blame the app for that. I'm uninstalling it now (since I don't fly often) but if I book United again I won't hesitate to download the app.
- United Air Lines
- 201.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.