Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Happy New Year! In our first release of 2020, we’ve resolved bugs related to personal device entertainment.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Poor experience on my recent flight- Expected better service for Premium Golda
Had booked a round trip from EWR to Delhi. While the flight to Delhi was smooth, the return flight (August 11) was delayed by over 18 hours. After haggling with a United representative on the phone for over 45mins I was told that I could only be given a flight back option from Mumbai if I made my own arrangements to fly to Mumbai. I needed to get back to Newark by Sunday and did not have many options, I was finally given an option to fly via Munich with about a 4-5hours layover in Munich. While I my original booking was on ‘Premium Economy’ my booking on Lufthansa was done on a regular coach class and was given a middle seat to travel overnight. At Munich I went to the Miles and More lounge and presented my United Club pass (knowing that they are part of Star Alliance), however, they said that the United Club pass is not acceptable at their lounges. So I had to sit around the Munich airport for the next 4-5hours. Overall, was a painful experience and I expected better service for a Premium Gold member.
Delays and cancels, Excuses and lies
11 delays on our flight down from Sioux Falls to San Fran for a memorial service of a friend who passed away. Then they cancelled after midnight. Sent a crew from San Fran to pick us up but they ‘went illegal’ the ticket agent said. Did not put us up in a hotel and had to sleep on a chair in the airport.
Then had to switch airlines just to get a flight out then next day.
ON THE RETURN FLIGHT days later they started the delays before we even got to the airport. Went right to customer service when we found out this would make us miss our connecting flight. They said they booked us on the first flight out in the morning, but that was a lie. When we got back to the Denver airport they had not booked us and we were just on stand by for the next night. They did put us up in a hotel that smelled like skunks, after waiting for 2 hours to get to it. Ended up losing 2 full days in the airports because of United. This was our first and definitely the last experience we will ever have with them. Nothing but excuse after excuse, from maintenance, mechanical, fuel spill, you name it. Also said it was weather related but there was blue sky where we were flying into. When I told the ticket agent that excuses are one thing but lying about booking us on other flights are another, she got up and walked off. Wasn’t mean with her, just flat exhausted and at my end. Just stated a fact in a calm, quiet voice. Never, never, never again.
First time with a terrible experience
I was paying for a flight and had to come to another airport to get a flight because one of the company employees told me I was late for checking (I was on time and I had 15 minutes yet) and while I was waiting him to see what was going on, someone else came 10 minutes after to help him. After 10 more minutes, while he understood the mistake, my flight was gone.
After that, I took a plane with no internet from DC to Texas (I was paying for it and instead of telling us that they were having some issue, they kept saying that the issue would be solved in a fez minutes). Also, I was paying more so I could have a seat with a window view, but they put me in the middle seat.
Coming back, they’ve changed again my seat for a middle one very on the back of the plane, without plugs and where I couldn’t almost fit my legs (and believe me, I’m a short guy). This flight was also paid to have a window view and plugs to charge my phone. On that time, we had internet, but I couldn’t use it because doesn’t matter if you plan ahead with them and pay more, you’ll seat whenever they want you to seat.
At home, it took a long time and many calls so they would give me my money back for the seats I’ve paid for and the internet I was never able to use.
And about the app, it was normal and it got my entire battery while using it.
- United Air Lines
- 230.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.