Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
In this update, you’ll now see our planes in flight status reflecting our new livery. Also, check out flight status next time you’re traveling to see if you’re flying on our new Star Wars themed plane. Bonus points if you can figure out how to get the plane image to flip from the light side to the dark side!
Ratings and Reviews
From Worse to Better
In July 2019, we experiencing the worst first class flight of our lives (to Hawaii) and never thought we’d fly United again. But recently I had to book a flight to Denver with my god daughter who had booked separately without a seat assignment. However when we arrived to the airport, United randomly assigned an upgraded seat for her and we would not have been able to fly seated together. When we asked if a change to seat us together was possible, the United agent quickly understood the situation and graciously attempted to go about changing seats which would require another passengers willingness and consent. Despite it being a full flight, everything was handled well, and it was a success, making everybody happy! I was very grateful and came away quite impressed. But here’s the thing: Had the change not been successful, I would only have been disappointed - but not at all unhappy. What really got my attention was the graciousness and willingness of the United agent to give our seat changes a try. That was the game changer for me. And now the bad experience back in July is fast becoming a fading memory. This one act of thoughtfulness was more than redeeming. I’m happy to give United another try. In fact, I’ll be booking again soon.
An awesome time saver!
Access to my ‘ticket’ and flight information is so quickly is awesome! Wow, I remember having to go down to a ticket office(30 min) and spend an hour having someone else tell what they thought my flight options were (60min) and then having to print a ticket and keep up with it(never) and then strategically place the ticket where I can present it to 4 different people so I can make it through the airport including checking in for flight (60min+) then security, gate agent, and flight attendant all while stopping to check the board for which gate (15min) and any updates and heaven forbid I have a connecting flight and another flight coupon! Only complaint is I seem to have to closedown the app to get it to update added reservations - even if I made the reservation with the app. But maybe that is because I have gotten so used to having the information right away! It actually seems like the app, through notifications, gets the updated flight information quicker than the gate agents and flight crews! Makes me feel like a seasoned traveler - Well Done! Keep those updates coming.
Not so good customer service
My daughter was set to leave on a study abroad trip going from Arkansas to Berlin, Germany. When we arrived at the airport this morning we were informed that first leg of the flight (Arkansas to Chicago) was delayed due to mechanical issues and the delay would cause her to miss her connecting flight in Chicago. We worked with the attendant at the desk to rebook the flight which was a muttled process of its own. They originally told us that my daughters portion of the flight that would take her to Germany that they would book her a seat upgrade due to inconvenience. Then when they rebooked the flight they said they could not do the seat upgrade because seats were available in Coach. That was poor customer service. Also, nothing else was offered. It’s one thing if you have an hour or two flight and issues happen and there’s not much the airline can do. When you 21 year old daughter is traveling internationally for the first time and the planes mechanical issues derails the whole thing, it’s a bad look to not try and do something to make it right. There were better seats available and they could have at least done that. We have not flown United in quite some time due to some past customer service issues and this just puts it over the top. Customer service needs to be better and it just seems to be going by the wayside these days. I’m also writing this review and question if it will even be read much less addressed.
- United Air Lines
- 231.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.