Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
We’re continuing to make updates to provide you with more opportunities to self-serve and stay informed during this time. Highlights in this release include the ability to quickly search and view top destinations from your home airport should you choose to travel.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Poor experience on my recent flight- Expected better service for Premium Golda
Had booked a round trip from EWR to Delhi. While the flight to Delhi was smooth, the return flight (August 11) was delayed by over 18 hours. After haggling with a United representative on the phone for over 45mins I was told that I could only be given a flight back option from Mumbai if I made my own arrangements to fly to Mumbai. I needed to get back to Newark by Sunday and did not have many options, I was finally given an option to fly via Munich with about a 4-5hours layover in Munich. While I my original booking was on ‘Premium Economy’ my booking on Lufthansa was done on a regular coach class and was given a middle seat to travel overnight. At Munich I went to the Miles and More lounge and presented my United Club pass (knowing that they are part of Star Alliance), however, they said that the United Club pass is not acceptable at their lounges. So I had to sit around the Munich airport for the next 4-5hours. Overall, was a painful experience and I expected better service for a Premium Gold member.
I am beyond dissatisfied w the service of united airlines regarding flying w my daughters emotional support animal after tragically losing her finance in a motorcycle accident from a driver running a red light. The department that handles the animals flight was rude and not helpful. They were unable to get all the documents that we sent and we have had to call 8!!!!! Times and the dog unnecessarily had to get a extra rabies vaccine it wasn’t even needing or lapsed. Emails continue to come in saying he isn’t approved to fly this Tuesday. The amount of extra stress and agony the airlines has caused during this horrible time for us is unacceptable. I have flown Delta w the service dog and not had to deal w any issues and they actually talked us through the whole process making sure we were all set. United has been unprofessional and extremely uncaring to the situation and gave no support of the steps needed. Her Dr even sent the airlines the paperwork as well as all of us 8!!!! Times. Do better United. Will not fly w you again which is unfortunate. I would steer anyone who has a service dog need esp for acute anxiety and trauma away from using this airline ! I never leave reviews but need others to know what I’ve had to see my daughter have to deal with so much extra stress because the department isn’t run well or kindly. Wish us luck on Tuesday am as I fly her back w our family to heal and grieve
Disorganized, confusing and not convenient
This app is not only not user-friendly but it’s counterintuitive. Why do we have to search all over the app just to check in for our flight why do we have to type in our last name when we’re already signed into the app and why do we have to search everywhere to pull up our boarding pass, why do we have to click link after link in order to access the flight information - no one appreciates you rearranging everything every couple of months. This app is one of the worst flight apps I am a frequent flyer and this is by far the worst of all airline apps. How would you like it if somebody snuck into your room and rearranged everything and then you can’t find anything- well that’s exactly how it is every time I open this app and you’ve updated it. You still haven’t found an easy solution - there’s only three things we need from this app one, east check-in and easy access to a boarding pass. Two, easy access to the boarding times and to see flight information, standby information etc. And three, the information on where to go for our gate. Currently, the boarding pass doesn’t even have the gate information and there’s too many links and too many options. it’s unclear, unorganized and confusing. Whoever you hired to create this app was obviously an amateur.
- United Air Lines
- 344.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.