***Please note: The UnitedHealthcare app experience is currently available only to members of certain UHC plans. Available features may vary by health plan. ***
Managing health care on the go just got easier with the UnitedHealthcare app! Use the app to:
- Find doctors, specialists, or health care facilities with our guided and location-based search.
- Never lose your insurance card again! View and share your ID card.
- Know how much you could pay for treatments and specialty services.
- Save your favorite doctors or facilities for easy access.
- Call a doctor's office and get directions.
- See reviews and ratings for doctors.
- Know your copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- View your annual deductible and out-of-pocket max balances, if applicable.
- Know your health reimbursement, flexible spending, and Optum Bank health savings account balances, if applicable.
- Use HealthSafe ID™ (a new, enhanced login that lets you access nearly all UnitedHealthcare digital tools with one username and password) to securely access your app.
- Never forget your password again with Touch ID or Face ID.
Bug fixes and improvements to enhance your experience.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app. It makes things so much easier. You can access your is card. The app provides you your recent EOB’s as well as your deductible amount and how much money has been applied toward it based on your medical visits.
The best thing about this app is you can search for a specific procedure. This allows you to view the doctors in the area you live or nearby. You see the doctors name as well as reviews. It will show you what the doctor charges and gives a detailed breakdown of what you will pay out of pocket with explanations. You can use this to “shop” different doctors for a lower cost.
Sick 6 months old
(This is his wife writing this review)
So we just used the call a nurse 24hrs and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. She was so nice, helpful, answered all of our questions and even the ones we didn’t ask. She also told us about another option that they offer and where to look for it on the website to see if that will help us as well.
Oh.. and when we put in to talk to a nurse I don’t think we even closed the app fully before my cell phone was ringing. Great turnaround and awesome nurse. I will definitely use this again whenever someone is sick again.
Clarity in medical insurance? It’s true!!
Wow! This app actually gives a clear representation of my insurance plan, deductibles, co-pays, and what has already been charged to those areas. Don't expect another low-tech, non functioning med insurance app. My experience is that I have direct information, updated within a few days to a week of service. Also like the in-network doctor near me finder. I have three children, ages 5 and younger, and we like to travel. Knowing that I can find a close-by in-network provider for the inevitable sniffles, bug bites, and upset stomachs that come with traveling with children, is peace of mind!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.