† Not all UHC plans are currently supported by the app, not all features are available for every plan
Managing health care on the go just got easier with the UnitedHealthcare app! It's designed to save you time by providing easy access to your information. Features available are based on your personal health plan and can include:
Find and Manage Providers
- Find doctors, specialists, or health care facilities with our guided and location-based search.
- Save your favorite doctors or facilities for easy access.
- Review your claims by member, provider, status, facility, service or date.
- Review your claims payment breakdown and Explanation of Benefits.
- Never lose your insurance card again! View and share your ID card.
View Cost Estimates†
- Know how much you could pay for treatments and specialty services.
Reference Copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket expenses†
- View your copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses.
View Account Balances†
- Know your health reimbursement, flexible spending, and Optum Bank health savings account balances.
Easily Sign In
- Use HealthSafe ID™ (a new, enhanced login that lets you access nearly all UnitedHealthcare digital tools with one username and password) to securely access your app.
- Never forget your password again with Touch ID or Face ID.
Manage Your Health†
- View personalized recommendations for preventative care
- Track your steps and activity with the Apple HealthKit integration for select programs
Bug fixes and improvements to enhance your experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Convenient, easy-to-use and useful
The app allows you to view claims your providers have submitted to the insurer. Some of the claims are eye opening and will surprise you - such as how many claims a single visit might entail. You have the opportunity to mark-off which ones have been paid to assist the insurer to track whether your deductible has been reached. The app also allows you to quickly check which providers are in-network. Prescriptions on OptumRx are managed on a separate app. You can also save the contacts of your regular doctors for easy reference. It will also prompt you to look after your health by getting your blood pressure taken, getting a lipid panel or getting a flu shot. However, you do not put anything personal into the app. It does not collect your health data, so that’s good from a privacy perspective, but if that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll need another app.
Best experience I’ve had healthcare apps!
I will say that I have been very impressed this app. I have had BCBC and Cigna’s apps, and by far UHC has been the most functional and user friendly for me!
I have only been using it since September 2019 when my benefits switched. All I can say is I never missed a beat and have not had to call UHC for anything to date! For me this alone has me smiling!
I give it 5 stars, but I am great at updating my reviews if and when my experience or thoughts change! Keep it operating properly and don’t try to improve or change it if it’s not broken. Too many companies do this and someone needs to say enough at times! When ease turns to frustration say good bye to things that affect your bottom line!!
Quality Health Care App
This app is very useful and I find myself using it frequently. It is well-designed and relatively intuitive; for starters it is Faced ID-enabled so I don’t have to go looking for my userid and password every time. It was also smart enough to look up both my current policy and one from a previous job so I can check my full history. All of my recent claims are here and there are quick links to contact the nurse line, find a nearby provider, or talk directly to UHC.
It would get five stars except for two things: there’s no way to initiate a claim from the app (you have to use the full desktop site) and there seems to be no way to integrate with any medical records (for example, it keeps suggesting that I get my flu shot, even though I got it during a covered visit).
Overall, though, it’s a very solid app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.