Unolingo: Crosswords Without Clues 4+
Equazi Enterprises, LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
If you like crosswords or word games, then you'll love Unolingo, a fun and unique new twist on a traditional crossword puzzle.
Every Unolingo puzzle is a 10 x 10 crossword without clues and 26 empty squares that require the precise placement of each letter in the alphabet.
What a Sudoku puzzle does using numbers, Unolingo does using each letter of the alphabet!
Select from your choice of four difficulty levels and use your word knowledge, reasoning, and deduction skills to complete the puzzle.
Each puzzle is hand-crafted from a carefully curated list of common English words more likely to be heard at a party with friends than in the classroom.
This fascinating word puzzle can generally be completed in 5-15 minutes and is fun for the daily commuter, the casual puzzler, or the serious word buff.
- 20 introductory puzzles offering hours of enjoyment with additional puzzles available in-app purchase or social media sharing.
- Unique hint and audit functions to help you solve the most difficult puzzles
- Bonus puzzles accessible by sharing your scores and achievements on Facebook
- Flexible design supports casual play, collaboration with friends, or time-based competition.
- Extensive performance statistics to monitor your progress and compare with others.
For more information on Unolingo, visit us at Unolingo.com and follow on Twitter @unolingo. Also check out the Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/unolingo
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Added Series 9 puzzles with 160 new puzzles.
Ratings and Reviews
Brain Candy for Word Game Fans
This fan of Scrabble and crosswords first discovered Unolingo on the Shockwave game site, and was instantly hooked. So when Shockwave set up a paywall, I was happy to discover this dedicated Unolingo app. The concept is original, the user interface is simple, and I especially love that it’s free from ads or subscription fees — instead, it provides a basic set of puzzles and offers the option of buying bigger sets of puzzles “a la carte” without requiring a subscription fee. As for the game itself, it’s addictive and smart, challenging your brain to mentally fill in words that mesh together without giving any clues — and using each letter of the alphabet only once! It’s like a hybrid of Scrabble and crossword puzzles, and playing it can sharpen your skills in both types of word games. Great stuff!
Fun and challenging
The game is addictive. The price isn’t too expensive to purchase more games. I wouldn’t have purchased it if it had been. Even though the easy levels are easier, they are still challenging. It’s cool that you can challenge yourself by racing to get a lower time or by getting more points. What would make this even better is if you could compete against friends - like a Unolingo With Friends. Also, it would be better if you could just touch the spots to place letters instead of dragging them.
Great time killer
I love this app. I never make in-app purchases but I've bought 3 or 4 of the puzzle sets already, and I plan on buying all of them. I have 2 complaints: 1) the letter bank is too close to the bottom of the phone so that when I drag letters up, sometimes I pull up the control center on my iPhone, and 2) after a while some of the same words keep reappearing. Although this may be because it's difficult to keep coming up with new words due to the nature of the set up of the game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Equazi Enterprises LLC
- 7.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Equazi Enterprises, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Q0199: Series 1, 160 puzzles $4.99
- Q0299: Series 2, 160 puzzles $4.99
- Q0399: Series 3, 160 puzzles $4.99
- A0101: Series 1, 20 1-star puzzles $0.99
- Q0499: Series 4, 160 puzzles $4.99
- Q0599: Series 5, 160 puzzles $4.99
- B0101: Series 1, 20 2-star puzzles $0.99
- A0102: Series 1, 20 1-star puzzles $0.99
- Q0799: Series 7, 160 puzzles $4.99
- Q0699: Series 6, 160 puzzles $4.99