Instead of sifting through the clutter to find stories, our USA TODAY app will do it for you. From your interests and passions to the sports teams you cheer for – you’ll always stay updated, informed, and instantly notified about breaking news you want to know. Here’s how.
• Personalize your news: With My Topics, you choose what you want to read about, and get notified when there's something new.
• Be the first to know: Turn on breaking news alerts so you always know what’s going on.
• Relax with games and podcasts: Play the daily crossword and sudoku (iPad only) and listen on demand to your favorite USA TODAY NETWORK podcasts.
• Unplug with quiet time: Just because USA TODAY’s award-winning content is updated 24/7, doesn’t mean you have to be
• Local weather updates: Know if it’s time to grab the umbrella or the sunblock before heading out for the day.
*Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.usatoday.com/terms/
Questions or comments? Visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps
or email: USATODAYmobile@usatoday.com
• New Crossword experience: We've launched a whole new way to play the USA TODAY Crossword, with an improved look, and easy-to-manage settings and gameplay options.
• For the first time, Crossword players have the ability to save games, track personal statistics, access hundreds of archived puzzles, and play the Crossword across multiple devices and browsers.
Ratings and Reviews
I read most of my news from USA’s platform
I like USA Today’s general news application on the Apple iPhone. USA Today has started to charge a monthly subscription fee for certain articles but not all, not yet at least. The thing is I wouldn’t mind paying a premium for their content as I’ve stated in previous reviews that I’ve read them for years and they have proven to me well worth it. However there s a negative, chiefly some of the articles which only subscribed paying members can obtain access to can be viewed for free on their very own platform through googling the articles headline. Secondly the monthly subscription price is simply to high. I would be willing to pay a couple dollars at most per month on a permanent basis. One more thing of note would be is perhaps you can view the article for free on google as opposed to the app is perhaps their intending on capitalizing on the convenience of going though the app. If this is the case even though their customers once realized you can obtain the article for free through Google will perhaps still feel like their getting cheated. Hope my review helps in some contributing factor.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback. We've made improvements to the latest app update to address this. Please reach out to us at USATODAYmobile@USATODAY.com so we can better investigate and resolve this issue. Thank you!
I have long considered purchasing a paid online “ad-free” subscription to USA Today, but a couple of thing keep coming back to haunt me. In the free version, every video generates an advertisement that plays from 10 to 20 seconds before the selected video. The ad never fails to play, but the selected video often times does. I just have to wonder whether this is intentional or not to try to “encourage” the ad-free purchase … maybe so, maybe not - and therein lies my hesitancy and question: “Would I oft times have the same problem with the paid version?” I also get a little annoyed that the same story appears multiple times, sometimes 7 or 8 times on the same page. Have tried looking at the settings but see nothing that would cause this. I do like and enjoy the content overall, but these points cause me a pause in the purchase.
Just changed my rating from 3 to 2 as this free app is becoming less and less useful every day. If you are not into seeing the same articles over and over, seeing mainly sports related “reporting” or doing the puzzles (which is about all I do mainly now) then you will probably be disappointed. Getting the paid app may be better, but as the videos still don’t play for me half the time (except the ads of course) I don’t have enough confidence the same problem wouldn’t exist in the paid version.
Great News. Great Company. Great App.
I actually work for Gannett (USA Today’s parent company)- but as unbiased as I can be - this app is awesome. They are a solid company & provide a well designed app to the everyday person even to the news junkies. As a company - They don’t look to invade your privacy, they have great leadership, they have incredible people working for them and dedicated & award winning reporters who look to bring real news to the people. They are a company who looks to help humanity, further all beings & bring legitimate unbiased news and services in the best of ways. Get the app, select your news preferences, allow the notifications. It’s a lot (as far as notifications go) if you want it to be, but it’s worth it to be updated on the things you want to know. Well done as an app for an employee, or for anyone, and for everyone. Especially during these times. Thanks all.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- USA TODAY
- 238.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- USA TODAY Ad-Free Monthly $4.99
- USA TODAY Premium $9.99
- USA TODAY Premium Plus Ad-Free $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.