Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
Maintenance and bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
iPad app vs iPhone app, Tracking does not agree!
The iPad app and iPhone app do not provide the same information. On the iPhone Tracking shows the status of packages send and received; all is as it should be. On the iPad, that same information does not match the iPhone very well. Example, on the iPad it will show a tracking number in red (on the iPhone it is blue), and it will show “Status Unavailable” (on the iPhone it will correctly display Delivered, and it is in green). Though we like the convenience of this iPad app, we cannot trust it. Also, using this app putting your mail on Hold, quite often the Post Office does not receive the Hold message. Thus it is extremely frustrating putting mail on hold yet they continue delivering it.
Edited: Also, if the app does not perform well you may think an uninstall/reinstall will help. Be AWARE doing that you will lose all your tracking data from all your mailings; the tracking screen will be blank. Thus it appears the tracking information we see on our screen is device specific. When this app had an attitude we uninstalled/reinstalled all our shipping data was removed. If we needed to look up a shipment we would again have to enter that tracking number; if we still have it. The iPad and iPhone app do not sync.
I LOVE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL DEPARTMENT!
Always have been a fan of the USPS! Since the beginning of this country the postal service has been around, and has always done a great job! Much maligned, which, has been so undeserving, and sadly for many accepted, this great institution should be revered for what it has done and can do! This great function of our government out preforms any and all private businesses that compete against it. Delivery rate is as fast and in numerous instances faster, better delivery areas, FAR BETTER delivery policies when it comes to securely delivering packages to the person who is to receive them, the ability to easily pick them up at the local post office. AND COST! A FRACTION of what private carriers charge! Why? Simply because it is a law that a government agency cannot run at a profit.
All the personnel that I have had dealings with are professional, polite, knowledgeable, helpful and expedient.
America and especially business needs to wake up and wholeheartedly embrace again this wonder service provided by our government.
Get it together
Come on now. At this point, there shouldn’t be as many issues or lack of options on this app. USPS, you’ve been in this business so much longer and have employees who probably give you insight on things that can help, maybe someone needs to start listening and implementing these ideas. Hire some new techs or something.
My tracking numbers disappear and reappear when they feel like it. I’m currently tracking like 5 packages and for whatever reason only one started to show up and when the page is loading, it says you’re already tracking this number. At some point during the day, it switched to another one of my packages I’m tracking. What’s going on?
Where’s the option for customers to create an account and any tracking numbers that are sent to that email address just appear in the app for the account holder. UPS and FedEx does it and it’s a great convenient tool.
Please get it together. Put out a better and functional application for your customers.
- United States Postal Service
- 42.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.