Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
Maintenance and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I LOVE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL DEPARTMENT!
Always have been a fan of the USPS! Since the beginning of this country the postal service has been around, and has always done a great job! Much maligned, which, has been so undeserving, and sadly for many accepted, this great institution should be revered for what it has done and can do! This great function of our government out preforms any and all private businesses that compete against it. Delivery rate is as fast and in numerous instances faster, better delivery areas, FAR BETTER delivery policies when it comes to securely delivering packages to the person who is to receive them, the ability to easily pick them up at the local post office. AND COST! A FRACTION of what private carriers charge! Why? Simply because it is a law that a government agency cannot run at a profit.
All the personnel that I have had dealings with are professional, polite, knowledgeable, helpful and expedient.
America and especially business needs to wake up and wholeheartedly embrace again this wonder service provided by our government.
USPS IS THE WORST
Ok I’ve never had good experience with usps. Unfortunately it is the only way I can receive some of my packages. The tracking is decent but the customer support is probably the worst I’ve ever had to deal with is you can even get it. The expected delivery is always wrong. I have to base it off of where my package is actually located and not the “expected delivery date”. My current package Delivery is what brought me to write this review. My package got to my local post office at 12:31pm Saturday. The mail women obviously already started her route so didn’t have my package. The tracking changed from expected deliver on Saturday July 28th to SUNDAY THE 29th?? Why would it even be updated to the only day of the week usps doesn’t deliver? So for fun I check the tracking the morning of the 29th to find a message saying “attempted deliver. Package left at post office by request of customer”. I’m just wondering when this package was attempted to me delivered since I was home to get my mail and I never requested it to be left at the post office. Overall they are fine for delivering mail but if available UPS is my number one choice for packages. Again their customer support doesn’t exist.
I am not able to set up mail tracking
With this app we are supposed to be able to be alerted about every letter and parcel that will be sent to us. But the process to get that started this so difficult on this app, it’s basically impossible.
You’re supposed to send me an email or text message or phone call, but you don’t do that. I’ve given you my phone number several times, but you do not save it for my profile so every time I try to complete the final step to activate my Mail tracking, it says you don’t know my phone number even though I just gave it to you 10 seconds ago. You need to login profile so that you can store my information and then use it once I need to start the mail tracking that way you will have my number on record - with a user login.
It would be better if I just gave you my user login and address, and then I don’t have to sign up for some extra special feature, just have it be a basic standard primary function of the app so that anyone who has the app will always be able to track their packages if they can prove who they are. That would make it so much easier and less exclusive to “the eligible.”
- United States Postal Service
- 53.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.