Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
maintenance and bug fixes
- WebKit Update
Ratings and Reviews
My Go-To App
I use the USPS app primarily for tracking any expected incoming packages and the status of packages and other parcels that I’ve sent. This includes items sent overseas. It lets me know when I can expect delivery at the destination. The USPS app helps me to use their services with confidence from my laptop or mobile device anywhere. This app lets me determine the best prices and options for shipping items. As the USPS often serves as the “last mile” carrier for the other package delivery companies, this is shown on the USPS tracking information. And it allows me to hold my mail when I’m out of town. The U.S. Postal Service and their employees are very dependable and deliver my mail and packages with professionalism and reliability. My regular neighborhood mail carrier is familiar with many of the people on her route and makes sure that delivered packages are either safety locked in the neighborhood package mailbox or brought up to my front door entrance and placed in a location not visible from the street. This is greatly appreciated as package thieves are rampant here. The USPS app lets me know the package has been delivered.
I LOVE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL DEPARTMENT!
Always have been a fan of the USPS! Since the beginning of this country the postal service has been around, and has always done a great job! Much maligned, which, has been so undeserving, and sadly for many accepted, this great institution should be revered for what it has done and can do! This great function of our government out preforms any and all private businesses that compete against it. Delivery rate is as fast and in numerous instances faster, better delivery areas, FAR BETTER delivery policies when it comes to securely delivering packages to the person who is to receive them, the ability to easily pick them up at the local post office. AND COST! A FRACTION of what private carriers charge! Why? Simply because it is a law that a government agency cannot run at a profit.
All the personnel that I have had dealings with are professional, polite, knowledgeable, helpful and expedient.
America and especially business needs to wake up and wholeheartedly embrace again this wonder service provided by our government.
Had a bad experience
I got a notification from Laconia NH PO showing me car registrations for two cars that I paid for. The letters never arrived. The local post office blamed it on Concord New Hampshire where the photographs of the envelopes are taken and stated they never got it. This resulted in my having to spend $44 to have them re-printed by the town clerks ofc .So don’t assume that just because you see an envelope with a notification stating that it’s coming to you, that it will actually arrive. The post office was absolutely no help to me. I wrote the post Master an email and attached a copy of the notification with the return address from the Townhall as well as a copy of the registration and a letter from the Town Clerk stating that I had paid to have it re-printed and asked to be reimbursed for the re-printing cost since they lost my registration s. The Post Master just said I’m sorry 🙄 No explanation. this happened two months ago and it never arrived. I figured it was lost and would come after I paid for the reprints but nope 👎 very upsetting and not fair at all.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United States Postal Service
- 36.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.