The official app of USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park.
Celebrating 50 years on the beautiful Mobile Bay in Mobile, AL from 1965-2015. Battleship Memorial Park is home to Battleship USS Alabama (BB-60), Submarine USS Drum (SS-228), over 25 historic aircraft spanning 9 decades of American aviation, war memorials, various military equipment and more.
With the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park app, you can explore what life was like aboard the USS Alabama during World War II. Find out how many ships the USS Drum sank in enemy waters. Learn about all the "F" Series fighter jets in the Aircraft Pavilion, including one of two YF-17 Cobra Prototypes in the world. And, help us honor those who have served our country from World War II through the Vietnam War at the Park Memorials.
- Quick Access: Simply type in the corresponding number posted at aircraft and military equipment for more information.
- Self-Guided Tour Routes: While aboard the USS Alabama and USS Drum, select tour routes, with maps and pictures, for guidance throughout the ship and submarine.
- Plan Your Trip: If you're planning a trip to Battleship Memorial Park, the app will help you make sure you do not miss anything on your visit.
- Park History: Learn more about Battleship Memorial Park, Battleship USS Alabama, and Submarine USS Drum.
- Park Map: With the built-in Park Map, knowing where you are throughout the Park is easy. Simply click on the Park Map and your location will appear, as well as attractions around you.
- Revised for 64 bit architecture
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, still needs some work
The mobile app still needs some work. Had to leave early, I got tired from going up and down the ladders, and it was kind of warm in most compartments. But overall, I give the app a B+, it is much easier to tour the ship now with this app. A voice guide on the app would be terrific, maybe even update the voice tour for special occasions.
Poor USS Alabama
This app is outdated, just like the USS Alabama has been left to decay in many ways.
The app should be so advanced that it should narrate the visit with graphics and special stories from the sailors and crew members, including commanders. Etc
Very disappointed with app and with the ship’s degree of neglect by its administrators. Please compare it to the USS MIDWAY.
Great, but not free
First off, they have signs posted all over the park that the app is free... I had to pay $.99, so I hope it goes to the foundation to help with restoration, etc... It's certainly worth the dollar and I paid it before arriving, so I was a little shocked to see it was supposed to be free.
Besides that, there were only a few times where the tours in the app were a bit unclear. We definitely got lost (tour-wise) because of this.
Otherwise, pretty decent info on the battleship and sub, but sparse data on the airplanes, which is a shame, because I'm sure they all have their own stories to tell.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.