Utah Hunting and Fishing 4+
State of Utah Department of Technology Services
Designed for iPad
Utah Hunting and Fishing is the official application of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. With the latest version of this convenient app on your mobile device, you can easily store your hunting and fishing licenses, e-tag your harvest with a digital permit, identify a variety of species, have education certificates at your fingertips, look up your hunt-drawing information and do so much more. This is a must-have app for anyone who hunts or fishes in Utah!
- Download your licenses — Store your whole family’s fishing, hunting or combination licenses on your phone!
- E-tag your harvest (new) — Use the digital permit stored on your phone to tag a harvested animal. (Important: E-tagging is not yet available for all permit types. Please see the Utah Hunting and Fishing App webpage [https://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting-and-fishing-app.html] for details.)
- Store and carry education certificates (new) — Keep the certificates from any education or orientation courses you’ve completed. (e.g., Hunter Education, antler gathering ethics course, archery ethics course, mussel-aware boater course and more).
- Receive in-app notifications (new) — Be notified when using the app if any license, permit or certificate that you’re carrying on the app is ready to expire.
- View hunt unit boundaries — Download your hunting permit to the app and then view the hunt boundary of the unit that matches your permit.
- Learn about upcoming events — Learn about upcoming wildlife-viewing events, hunting season dates, drawing application dates and public meetings.
- See shooting hours — View the legal hunting hours for any date on the calendar.
- Identify fish species — See detailed illustrations and descriptions of many Utah fish species.
- Identify upland game and waterfowl species — See detailed illustrations and descriptions of Utah's upland game and waterfowl species.
- The app also includes links that make it easy to:
- - Buy a license
- - View your hunt drawing history and drawing results
- - See Utah’s hunting and fishing regulations
- - Report a poacher
- - Find a Walk-in Access area
More features to come!
- E-tag your harvest
- Store and carry education certificates
- Receive in-app notifications
Ratings and Reviews
Have to Periodically Re-Download Licenses
Every so often I open the app to check that my downloaded licenses are still downloaded and often times they are not and I have to login again and re-download them. What if a DWR officer checked me for a license somewhere where I didn’t have cell service and I opened my phone to discover that my license was not saved/downloaded to my phone? I wish that once I downloaded my license it would stay downloaded and not disappear.
Needs a lot of work
With this app, you are now able to load and save you hunting and fishing license for added convenience. Although this is helpful, I still keep this app rated for two stars and my original review still stand besides this new addition.
It's a good idea but the majority of the app requires service to use because it always directs you to the DWR website. The whole point of having the app is to have the information when you need it, which is most likely in the field where cell phone service isn't always available. Also it would be nice if the app could save my licenses, every time I go to open up my licenses I have to login with my birthday and my customer ID number, which ironically is located on my license that I can't open because I have there is no way to save a license on the app. Not a well thought out app and needs a lot of work to make it useful to most sportsmen, as of right now I do not recommend this app. It is much easier to just carry a copy of the hunting and fishing regulations with you if you need information.
I like the layout and the cleanliness of it. However, I don’t find it to be very practical. Its not worth the space on my phone. HOWEVER...
What would make this app a 5 star in my mind would be if it had a location finder or a hunt planner (walkthrough) to make it easier for fishermen and hunters alike. The current one is small and hard to read on a phone. A responsive format would be great!
Ex: For fishing, Display all local rules and regs for a body of water. You can search by a region. Then narrow it down to bodies of water. Have an option to enter a zip-code. Include not just a fish identification portion as to which fish you can take but limits as well. Same with hunting. User friendly (and responsive) format for hunts. An option saying based on your current licenses, this is what you can hunt this week. (Ie: person wants to hunt cotton tail, but dove is open too and jackrabbit and deer but at ‘x’ price and with a ticket.
Notifications of winning a drawing would be cool too!
The app should help inform in an easy and clean way and take some of the work out of planning a hunt or fishing trip.
Links to videos on how to care for game after it is possessed would be helpful too. Think ‘old outdoorsman teaching young rising outdoorsman’. Pass on the legacy via the app too!
We have 21st century technology I say we use it! Let’s make it easier for hunters and fishermen alike to go out so more will want to! That means more money for the DWR overall! HOORAH!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- State of Utah Department of Technology Services
- 23.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 State of Utah - All rights reserved