Utah TRAPs (Temperature Resource and Alerts for Pests) is the only weather data and pest management tool of its kind for crop producers in Utah. TRAPS displays site-specific current weather, past weather, and forecasted pest management recommendations for 8 important fruit pests and 1 wheat pest for over 20 weather stations in orchards around Utah. With Utah TRAPS in your pocket you'll never be caught off guard by freezing temperatures, drought conditions, pesticide drift from high winds, or wondering when to treat pests in your region.
Some useful features:
• Select your location and immediately gain access to current and the prior day’s weather conditions (temperature, dew point, wind speed, and precipitation for the week)
• Choose a pest you are concerned with, such as codling moth, peach twig borer, or western cherry fruit fly, and see pest emergence rates, treatment information, and a history of pest activity.
• Get pest management recommendations for up to 3 weeks in the future.
• Graphs that display 24 hours of temperature, dew point, wind, and precipitation data.
• Graphs that display the history of pest-specific degree days for up to 3 months.
• Hold your finger over any graph to view more detailed information.
• Data is updated directly from the website at climate.usurf.usu.edu/traps/, providing up-to-date information parallel to the full website.
Fixed issue with app not working for ios 12
Ratings and Reviews
Excited to see the real time data
I am pretty excited to see the real time data in my area. The usu extension has offered frost alerts and other pest management services in my area for a number of years, this app does a good job of tracking various fruit related pests and showing current management actions I can take.
I like that I can get the current conditions in the field at any time.
- Utah State University
- 24.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Utah State University Extension
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.