The UV index forecast is a tool you can use to protect yourself from ultraviolet (UV) radiation. It lets you know when you do and when you don't need sun protection. App showing you the current UV index for your, or any other location in the world.
Ultraviolet radiation from the Sun has many healthy properties, but overexposure can affects your health. An excessive amount can have sever effects, such as sunburn, eye damage, skin cancer, skin aging and immune suppression. So it's important to know the current ultraviolet radiation so you can protect yourself.
- current local UV Index
- animated gauge that displays the hour-by-hour UV index
- display advices on how to protect based on the current UV Index( recommended protection, required equipment, sunblock information)
- exposure time recommendations and protection instructions.
- search function to find out the UV level worldwide
- find out how long you can spend in the sun without sunscreen by taking a personalized skin type assessment.
Protect your skin and health from dangerous ultraviolet (UV) radiation with our free and simple to use app!
Ratings and Reviews
Good for vacation planning
I live in Arizona, one of the skin cancer capitals of the world. We are planning a vacation in Australia, one of the other capitals! It’s been interesting checking the UVI in Darwin at 9:00 pm local time/1:00 tomorrow in Darwin. It has helped this fair-skinned lass plan her wardrobe!
Easy to use, small must have app for summer days.
Simple and cool app! Just try it.
UV is wrong, and forecasts cost 99 cents.
Shows UV is low, when built-in weather app shows 11. Forecasts cost 98 cents.
- Letovaltsev Maxim
- 45.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Letovaltsev Maxim
- In-App Purchases
- UV index hour-by-hour forecast $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.