Powerful, yet simple! Quiet your V1 until a real threat is near. Set it, forget it, and drive… It just works! *FEATURING SpotLocks™ - state-of-the-art false lockouts.
**NEW** GPS location based 'false muting' via SpotLocks™
V1 Companion™ is a feature rich app, designed to give you the most out of your V1 radar detector, while enhancing your driving experience along the way. Featuring intelligent alerts and advanced muting, it takes situational awareness to another level! V1 Companion™ is the COMPLETE solution to enjoying your V1.
V1 Companion™'s alerting and muting systems are optimized for each V1 platform. Intelligent voice announcements and on-screen visuals will always keep you informed and aware of the situation around you.
V1 Companion™ full feature list:
• SpotLocks™ - Location based false silencing has never been this good or easy. Turn on the intelligent location based learning, and let V1 Companion™ do the rest. Or, you can manually 'lock' or 'unlock' locations with ease from the main alert screen.
• View and modify your V1's internal hardware settings. You no longer have to exit the app, and run the V1 connection app, to modify your V1's internal settings.
• The ONLY iOS app with "Dynamic Volume Control" for V1 Gen2, completely silences unwanted alerts (No more annoying initial audio blip accompanying false alerts).
• 'Proximity' meter.
• V1 Firmware version check & notification of new firmware.
• 'K & X falses in area' meter.
• 'Custom Phrases' for threat's audio announcements.
• High resolution meters for front & rear signal strengths of the priority alert (Not limited to the # of bars on the V1 display).
• Customizable heads up display (HUD).
• HUD displays the priority alert's band, signal strength, frequency, & direction. The HUD is color coded between real threats & muted signals.
• HUD of the secondary alerts' bands, signal strengths, frequencies, bogey counts & directions.
• Band priority mode - Displays main threat in order of Ka, K, & X band.
• Mute rear K & X band signals independently.
• Advanced BSM/CAS/Ka False Muting (Optimized for each V1 platform).
• 'Ghost' muting quiets false alerts when you are traveling behind a false emitting vehicle.
• "Passive Mute™"- Quiets the V1 below user set speeds & during weak K & X signals.
• Total bogey count display (Bogey counts above the V1’s limit of 9).
• Vehicle speed (MPH or KMH) display. Speed is color coded for each alert type.
• Mute status with the ability to manually mute/unmute alerts as you need.
• Detailed & intelligent voice announcements of direction, band, frequency, strength, number of alerts, occurrences of mixed signals and more.
• V1 mode display (All, logic, Adv. logic - Tap to Toggle).
• Automatic muting of Ka, K, and X bands ('Time before mute' set for each band).
• 'Reduce Speed' notification for user set speed.
• ‘Visual Awareness™’ – Slowly flashes the V1 display when the "Passive Mute™" system is actively muting.
• Priority ‘Visual Awareness™’ - Rapidly flashes the V1 display after a Ka signal has been muted.
• ‘Urgency Alerts™’ - Unmutes growing threats & announces these alerts via voice & notifications.
• ‘Alert History’ - View your past alerts with detailed information about each encounter.
• ‘Dark Mode’ support for use with V1 concealed display and/or iPhone as main display.
• Compass heading.
• Muting of Ka false signals from older, cheaper detectors.
• ‘J-Out’ alert for Ka false alerts.
• Detailed trip summary at the end of your ride including duration, distance, alerts, muting stats, battery, and more.
• Automatic connection to Bluetooth enabled V1's (V1 with Bluetooth LE Dongle & V1G2 supported).
• iPhone & Apple Watch notifications of direction, band, & frequency of each alert.
• Tips/Help system.
This app requires a Valentine One V1G2 or V1 Radar Detector that is compatible with Valentine Research's Bluetooth LE Dongle. You should have Valentine Research's V1Connection App (freely available in the App store) operational beforehand, to ensure compatibility with the V1 Companion App.
Some portions of this program are Copyright (c) 2020 Valentine Research, Inc.
***V3.0 IS A MAJOR UPDATE - Full support for latest V1 Gen2 firmware V4.1031***
V3.0 introduced one of the most intelligent 'location based lockout systems' for any iOS app called SpotLocks™.
In addition, V1 Companion is the only iOS app supporting the V1 Gen2's newest firmware (4.1027+) capabilities for dynamic volume control. These features provide the most quiet ride of any iOS app when dealing with false alerts.
SpotLocks™ feature the following:
• Automatic, intelligent, location based learning / unlearning of potential false alerts (you have the ability to turn this feature on or off).
• Discrete signal locking™ - helps prevent locking out real police radar in close frequency range to the SpotLock™ frequency.
• Frequency drift compensation™ - helps compensate for changes of the location's frequency drifting up and down over time at the saved location.
• BSM guard™ - helps to keep non-stationary vehicle BSM/CAS signals from polluting the SpotLock™ stationary location database.
• Continuous location tuning - Whether a SpotLock™ is actively locked or learning, the SpotLock™ system will continue to learn and tune itself over time to better handle future encounters.
• Manual creation/deletion of SpotLocks™ - Manually create/delete SpotLocks™ by easily tapping a graphical 'lock' image on your phone screen if desired.
• The SpotLocks™ system is optimized separately for each of the V1Gen1 and V1Gen2 platforms.
• SpotLocks™ take advantage of the advanced muting ability of the V1Gen2, so all SpotLocks™ are quiet from the onset, with no annoying initial 'blip' of audio.
***V3.09 - Added ability to turn ON/OFF SpotLock voice announcements.
***V3.08 - Added Full support for V1 Gen2 firmware V4.1031***
• V1 Gen2 - Added ability to toggle ON/OFF Valentine One "Ka Always Radar Priority" firmware setting (Accessed by tapping the V1 Settings "Gear" on the main screen and also in the main "Settings" screen).
• V1 Gen2 - Added ability to toggle ON/OFF Valentine One "Fast Laser Detection" firmware setting (Accessed by tapping the V1 Settings "Gear" on the main screen).
• V1 Gen2 - Supports new firmware feature using ESP connection to unmute alerts that were muted by V1 algorithms.
• Added rear laser detection to the main display when a laser alert occurs from the rear (previously showed front for all).
• Compiled with Xcode 15 (Full support for iOS 17).
• Compiled with latest Valentine One ESP Library2 v2.0.3.
What others are saying:
"V1 Companion Wow! ...so far it works so well and is so quiet that I was thinking the V1G2 was faulty!! It wasn't until the drive summary popped up that I realized it was obviously working hard in the background to keep my sanity intact from all of the weak K band sources." - D
"It’s by far the best V1 app I’ve tried." "It’s frequently updated with new and advanced features." - IA
"First drive today with V1 Companion and I am HAPPY!... The Ghost and BSM filtering works nicely!" - NCT
"This app is my go-to now because of its simplicity. It’s what I’m looking for to just quiet down the V1 without all the technical advanced features in other apps that seems overwhelming to use." -RV
"LOVE this new update! Working stellar, especially happy with the completely silent parking lot type alerts - finally, nothing getting through under the speed setting. I also appreciate the "BSM Alert" flag at the top of the screen - never noticed that before. Thanks for the great work!"
"This release has really been a game changer for me… EXACTLY what I needed for my OCD using the V1 in my CX5." - C
"This app transforms my V1G2 from unusable in city to works really good." - JB
"[Other apps’] random beeps are a deal breaker. [They are] only marginally better than the gen1 with annoying weak notifications. The [V1] Companion rocks at killing unnecessary noise!" - GH
"The app gets better with every release. Great job! I use it every single day!!!" - CO
Ratings and Reviews
True companion to the V1
This is the best app for the V1G2. It works exactly as intended, though of course nothing is absolutely perfect. SpotLocks takes care of all of the stationary radar and his built-in database of frequencies - most Blind-spot radar you are going to encounter. Customization of the app is enough to make it work for you, without being too much or too complicated to figure out. Once I had all my settings dialed in, I haven't messed with the app. One of the best features, that I am yet to see with another V1 iPhone app, is the dynamic control of the volume. It makes a silent drive when youre encountering stationary K-band and BSM systems, yet still alert quietly when manually. This implementation hands down makes this app better than the rest it for me.
Has potential and makes sense.
After trying all the other ones available, this is by far the best out there of the very few available at this time. And definitely better than the ever so confusing and over priced V1Driver. This is going in the direction and made the way an app should be made, opposed to fumbling around with it constantly adding pins etc. I would rather use this app here due to the simplicity of it even if not quite perfect yet. Having to constantly add things manually like on other apps of the alike preoccupies your thinking and makes it unsafe to drive at that point. I will stick with this app for now, unless something comes along better.
It’s all still very new with Bluetooth enabling GPS options via smart devices, and a big game changer at this point to compete with escorts redline 360c which already has all of this all in one. I do like the fact the app has options opposed to escort models of the alike (being an owner of both devices)does in fact give a lot more control over your detector, but there is still a long way to go before I see one as perfect as I’d like to see it work.
One last thing and it’s perfect…
If it could be used in landscape mode it would be perfect for me... I do use it more than any of the other apps out there. But really want landscape support since my pro max phone gets in the way of other things to see on dash while in portrait orientation. That’s it. Nothing else to dislike it is by far the most quiet v1 ride to work and around town. Great work on last version update. It’s a KA warning system and has since eliminated 99.9 of all other false. bSM and ghost is excellent. And spot locks never let me down.
App support site down.. still hoping you are working on landscape option. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Angela Mcarthur
- 5.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Cracked Pixel
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.