Through simple definitions and easy-to-understand explanations, this app provides a study platform for spiritual seekers looking to better understand eternal knowledge
The ‘Vachanamrut Study App’ by BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
The Vachanamrut is a principle scripture of Swaminarayan Sampraday that introduces Bhagwan Swaminarayan's novel Vedantic philosophy of Akshar-Purushottam Darshanam. It is a compilation of 273 spiritual discourses delivered by Bhagwan Swaminarayan from 1819 to 1829. It is a Hindu scripture filled with illuminating analogies and metaphors, and divine revelations that provide philosophical and practical answers to the deepest mysteries and questions of life.
With the inspiration and guidance of Brahmswarup Pramukh Swami Maharaj and Pragat Brahmswarup Mahant Swami Maharaj as well as the tireless efforts of the learned sadhus and experienced volunteers of BAPS, the Vachanamrut is being made available in ‘app’ format – delivering the same spiritual wisdom in a modern, accessible medium.
Through short-and-simple definitions and easy-to-understand explanations, this app provides a study platform for spiritual seekers looking to better understand the subtleties of eternal knowledge and apply the teachings of Bhagwan Swaminarayan to their lives. Utilising current technology, this app meets the needs of today’s spiritual generation by giving them access to ancient wisdom in a modern format – making the study of the Vachanamrut a truly enjoyable experience.
The ‘Vachanamrut Study App’ contains easy-to-use features such as:
- Simple definitions of regional, scriptural and philosophical words.
- Clear and structured explanations of complex concepts with scriptural references and the words of the Gunatit Guru Parampara
- Compilation of quotations by Bhagwan Swaminarayan and the Guru Parampara to enhance the theoretical and practical interpretations of subtle concepts
- Interesting introductions to various people, places and scriptures
- Historical accounts, Prasangs, Explanations, Glory and Summaries related to the Vachanamrut
- References and meanings of shloks as well as kirtans mentioned in the Vachanamrut
- New look and feel
- English translations of History, Prasangs, Explanations, Glory and Summary to complement the Gujarati text
- Access the Vachanamrut that you last visited from the Home Page
- Auto-rotate view available to ease your reading
- Audio feature to enhance the reading experience
- Subject-wise reading options
- Bookmark function to access the marked position in the Vachanamrut directly from the Home Page
- Tapping on the “Read” button will automatically take you to the next Vachanamrut without having to swipe. This can be enabled from within settings
- View the history of all the Vachanamruts you have visited
- Back-up and restore the app
Summary: A concise point by point outline of each Vachanamrut to help remember and review the Vachanamrut.
•Quiz: An array of questions and answers to help you self-assess your understanding of the Vachanamrut.
•Reading Plan: Make a reading plan of your preferred Vachanamruts and follow it in your daily reading.
•Transliteration: Read an English transliteration of the Vachanamrut and all of the above.
Ratings and Reviews
Please add “Last Read”
I like to go to my “Last Read”. Currently I have to scroll all the way to my Last Read to go to the next read, it’s tedious to do that.
Can not add Notes anymore
Please fix. Can not add notes anymore.
After writing notes when I click on check ✔️ mark, check mark disappears but screen remains the same. Opening notes again after continue reading Vachanamrut, the note is mot saved.
Also please allow to create account and sync across devices, only then its truly study app.
Jay swaminarayan!! Please update the app to make it compatible with 2018 iPad Pro model...I cannot go beyond the introduction screen.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
- 137.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha