Valet for Tesla gives you the convenience of the mobile app right in your Mac’s menu bar. Quickly view charge status and remaining range right in your menu bar. A single quick brings you to a beautiful clean interface, allowing control all aspects of your car. Built by two extreme Tesla enthusiasts, Valet for Tesla is the go-to Tesla app for Mac.
Valet supports the following commands:
- Start or stop charging, or open charge port
- Set charge limit
- Send address to in-car navigation (from anywhere in any app with a global shortcut!)
- Set cabin temperature and turn on or off heat or air conditioning
- Open frunk or trunk (with confirmation to avoid accidental opens)
- Lock or unlock car (with confirmation)
- Honk horn or flash lights
- Start a pending software update
- Enable or disable Valet mode, along with set a PIN
Valet can automatically start heating, cooling, or charging your car on a one-time or recurring basis. It can even send an address directly to your navigation on a one-time or recurring basis. NOTE: Requires your Mac to be running when the schedule executes.
You can also view:
- Your cars current charge state and remaining range
- Odometer, firmware version and VIN
- Cars current location and status
Valet supports multiple cars on a single account with a quick picker to switch between them. Valet also supports Mojave's Dark Mode.
NOTES: Valet is in no way sponsored or affiliated with Tesla Motors. Your login information is securely stored in your devices keychain and only ever sent to Tesla servers directly. You can also login using your own token for enhanced security.
- Added option to start Valet automatically after each restart (to ensure schedules run as expected)
- Fixed issue where location pins would multiply after each refresh
- Fixed a bug that caused failed authentications to repeat
- Performance and reliability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App. Could benefit from extra features
The app is great and works as stated. It could highly benefit by including additional features such as driving and charging startistics (wh/mile on trips) and inclusion of Google Maps within the app to search for locations instead of explicitly typing the address to send to car. As the only option for Mac users to see the status of their Tesla vehicle, it is saa good option. Hopefully the developer continues to update the app.
Looks like it comes from Tesla!
Awesome lightweight app that lets me control my Model 3 from my laptop. Much more convenient than pulling out my phone and loading the official Tesla app. This app looks clean and as polished as if it came directly from Tesla. I really like the charge slider that allows me to set a more precise charge level than I can with the OEM mobile app or via the car's screen. I also like that it can show me both charge level and miles of range (versus one or the other in the OEM app). I was pleased to see that the app offers customization to prevent waking the car unless I want it to. Well done!
Works, but had log-in trouble
I had it working and then it had trouble establishing a connection with the car after a password change. I clicked log out and quit, and then changed my Tesla password again and then it worked. I do very much like the ability to send an address from my MacBook Pro to the Tesla. And set the charge limit. Overall I would recommend.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.