A grocery shopping list can help you stick to a budget but a price book can help reduce that budget. So put your shopping list to work for you as a price book - a powerful, time-tested tool that will enable you to save.
ValueTracker makes it easy and convenient to create a color-coded shopping list and maintain a price book. Simply create a list of stores where you shop. For each store create a list of products you frequently buy. Update the price and size of a product whenever either changes. These updates are kept in a chronological Tracking List so you can detect sale patterns, seasonal shifts in pricing, and changes in price and/or size often disguised by redesigned packaging.
It is not limited to just helping you save on groceries though. It can help you save on any goods or services you frequently buy.
It also provides the added benefit of reminding you what you previously paid for a product so you never stand in an aisle wondering what you paid last week.
- The unit price is automatically calculated when new products are added and when existing products are updated.
- Shopping Mode lets you enter the quantity to be purchased for each product and use checkmarks to indicate products you’ve picked up. The estimated total of all purchases will automatically update for changes in quantity and price - no surprises when checking out. And as you check products off the list the item count will decrease so you’ll always know how many products are left to buy.
- Tracking Mode lets you access the chronological listing of all price data for a product.
- The Unit Pricing Calculator can compare up to four products of varying price and size to determine which one has the actual lowest cost per unit. You can even include a coupon in the calculation.
- The Color Category system helps organize your Product List. For example: use green for produce, blue for frozen, purple for products in aisle 3.
- Reorder your list of products to match the store layout. Products aren’t alphabetized on the shelf so they shouldn’t be alphabetized on your list.
- The Priority Highlight calls attention to the key products you are tracking so they stand out on the Product List.
- Add your “buy” price to the top of the Tracking List and have it appear on the Product List. This is a reminder of when to buy a product so you don’t pay full price.
- The ability to backdate entries if you input prices from a receipt days after a purchase. And the ability to future date entries if you see a sale price in a flyer days before you make the purchase. The entry with the most recent date will always be shown on the Product List.
- Search all product names in all stores to compare recent prices. You can also update products and delete products from this list.
- Email one or all of your shopping lists.
- Export a printable backup copy of your data using iTunes File Sharing in case your device is lost/damaged or you want to share your data with someone new to price booking.
- The Estimated Savings Tool calculates the yearly cost of a product purchased at full price compared to your “buy” price.
Shop with confidence and save.
To create simple apps that simply work. No ads. No in-app purchases. Minimal need for internet access.
minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No data import, no sorting/filtering, broken search
Overall, this app is very basic. No frills or aesthetically pleasing interface/user experience. Which is fine, if it functions well. However, it doesn't function well. First, you can export data to a simple text file, but you CAN'T IMPORT files. So if you switch phones or have to reset your current phone or want to share your historical pricing data with someone else using the app. you're out of luck. Your data will be lost. Second, there is no sorting mechanism for items. Third, the search is broken. Fourth, if you want to add a new store for a particular item, there is no way to do it. You have to manually recreate the item. Ok I'm tired from typing but hopefully you get the point.
Definitely worth $.99!
I just purchased this the other day, but we have used it for 2 shopping trips. I also played around with pseudo items to get the hang of it. There is still room for improvement, but it is much like my old pen and paper system which worked very well for me. I can see this will probably save me lots of time and the need to carry around all that paper! It would be awesome to see those highlighted in high priority in the rows of the search list. It would also be awesome for my list to be viewed by others in the area and vice versa(keeping write privileges to our own list but able to see other products for a particular store at a particular location). I may have future comments, but I just have to say this is pretty awesome!!
...... A few months later... I still really love this app, but it duplicates entries a lot...even after entering a quantity and then leaving to the store list and coming back. Not sure how to avoid duplication.
Great app just have one suggestion
I have been desperately trying to find an app that would allow me to make a digital price book to track rock bottom sale prices at my local stores. As a couponer it's important that I can create an accurate and personal price book that outlines things like size, price, unit price, and product picture it's also nice if you can easily search for products you need. I LOVE this app because it does ALL of that. My only suggestion would be to add a way that I could add a comment to my product entry, I would love to be able to note that I used a coupon to get the product cheaper during that trip, to comment on how I liked the product, ect. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add but I wanted to through that suggestion out there because that's all I need to make this the perfect price book app. Seriously user friendly and easy if you want a price book then look no further then this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.