VanGo provides safe rides for kids aged 10 and up.
1. You can request rides 7 days a week 24/7, and up to 4 weeks in advance.
2. Once you request a ride we’ll pair you with a highly vetted local driver. You can see your driver’s profile as soon as she accepts your ride.
3. When your ride starts, you can track it every step of the way and receive driver arrival, pick up, and drop off notifications
Current families use VanGo for both single and recurring rides, including the following:
- Getting their kids to school every day
- Getting to tutoring lessons after school
- Going to sports practice in the afternoon
- Attending dance or music lessons in the evening
- Going to the movies or friends’ houses on weekends
- Long distance rides (e.g. airport)
We made VanGo easy to use because we know parents are busy.
VanGo is currently only available in the states of CT and NY.
Join our Facebook parent community
New in this release:
- Parents can request rides until October 2019 (back to school special!)
Ratings and Reviews
So thankful for this service!
I've been using VanGo and their drivers for over a year now and they have consistently been on time in picking up my son. It's wonderful to know that whenever i am in a bind and need someone to pick up or drop off my child that i can trust and rely on this app/ service to connect me to reliable drivers!
Developer Response ,
We are so happy to hear that - thank you so much for sharing! :) - The VanGo Team
Don’t trust these people with your children.
I tried this app 5 times. 2 times they were meaningfully late to pick up my son and wouldn’t answer his calls. After the first rime when they were 30 minutes late I spoke to the cofounder who assured me this was an extreme anomaly so I gave them another chance. 2 rides later it happened again. I used this service to try to make my life easier but when you are in a business meeting with your child frantically calling and texting because the driver won’t show up or return his calls that doesn’t make anything easier. Avoid this service!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, and we’re really sorry for the bad experience you had with VanGo. We totally hear you - that’s definitely not the way the service should work. We’ve looked into ways we can make our service better for families to come - e.g. providing more space for detailed pick-up instructions - and we’re very sorry for the stress this caused you and your family. We really appreciate your feedback on the ways we can improve our service going forward, and if there’s anything else we can do outside of the ride refunds, please let us know.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.