16 apps in 1 (Mega App)
This app consists of the book/app "Anesthesia Case Tips" and "16" other Vargo Anesthesia apps combined into 1. So it is now 17 in 1. This app will be updated frequently, free of charge.
The 16 apps included in this massive app are listed below:
1. "Malignant Hyperthermia" - Simplified with the latest literature from the Malignant Hyperthermia Association website.
2. "Calculations"- ABL/EBV, BMI, BSA/CI, MAP, SVR/PVR, Bicarb Deficit and O2 Cylinder Duration. There are no anesthesia drugs doses calculated.
3. "Crises" - This simplifies the emergencies you may deal with in the world of anesthesia. Algorithms and review notes from Amniotic Fluid Embolism, cardiac, airway and other emergency situations.
4. "Anesthesia Case Tips" - The "Anesthesia Case Tips" book (kindle) version on Amazon.com was one of the top selling anesthesia books the year it was published. It consists of 27 chapters with over 500 cases. The simplified search engine permits you to find your case within seconds. There is also a “Notes Section” for you to add personal notes for each case. Cases are frequently being added. Many of the newer cases cannot be found in Jaffe.
5. “Drugs/Drips” - There are no drug calculations in the app, just basic pharmacology information as a review. This app contains over 200 drugs/agents/products that are commonly used in the field of anesthesia. Perfect for students and a good review and quick reference for anesthesia veterans. Also, common information concerning anesthesia drips. There are no drug calculations. Contains:
*How to mix your drip.
*Popular mixing concentrations.
*Equations used to get the drip rates as a reference
*Pharmacology notes on how the drug works.
6. “Adult Anesthesia” - This app offers you over 350 drugs as a basic review.
7. “CABG for Anesthesia” - Tailored for someone learning to manage hearts in anesthesia. It is simplified but still detailed. It explains:
*CABG cliffs notes you won’t get in class.
*Step-by-step instructions from pre-op to post-op care.
*What to do from the beginning.
*Setting up the room.
*What the surgeon is doing.
*What the surgeon will do next.
*When and what drugs to give.
*Common cardiac drips.
*Coming off bypass & how other experienced anesthesia providers come off bypass.
8. "Blood/TEGs" - Notes on blood transfusion and blood products. TEG review notes and simplified for beginners.
9. "Pediatric Case Tips" - Contains how we manage close to 100 surgical procedures from start to finish. It was edited by experienced pediatric CRNAs who sit the cases and how they manage them.
10. "OB Regional Anesthesia" - Contains the same material as many OB books, but simplified and user friendly. Equivalent to a 500 page book. Simplifies and user friendly.
11. "LA Max Doses" - One click and you have a quick reference to all the maximum local anesthetic doses.
12. "Local Anesthetics" - A quick detailed reference to all the local anesthetics. Information on:
*Doses & concentrations for the variety of blocks
13. "Anticoagulants & Neuraxial/Deep Regional Block Tables" - Tables of 25 anticoagulants that show:
*Minimal time between the last dose and initiation of a block.
*Whether the anticoagulant can be administered while an epidural catheter is in place.
*Minimal time to restart the anticoagulant after catheter removal.
*When to restart anticoagulant after procedure.
*When to remove catheter after administration.
14. "Platelet Function Assay and interpretation."
15. "Pharmacology & Reversal methods of 28 anticoagulants."
16. "Coagulants & Deficiencies"
***iCloud must be switched on to save personal notes.***
- Anticoagulants added to Drugs/Drips
- Numerous typo corrections
Ratings and Reviews
Fixed the issue. It is awesome again.
Wish you guys had a co existing section
Developer Response ,
A separate Coexisting app is being created. We have been working on it for almost two years.
EENT is in the Pediatric procedures section.
Because of this confusion, we will be compiling the adult and pediatric procedures to keep it simple.
Thanks for your input.
Decent app but has its flaws
Every time I update this app I lose all my notes. I see the memo about backing up all notes outside of the app, but this should be a “just Incase” not every time the app updates. The notes section is pointless to even have because in a few months updates will wipe them clean. Also missing some simple cases, even stuff that used to be there for instance tracheostomy yields nothing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for input.
There is a pop op in your "Case Notes" that informs you to turn on your iCloud when it is initially used.
We are initially creating a data base to save all droid notes too.
We will now have it pop up anytime the user's iCloud is not backing up the notes to eliminate this problem.
As for the missing "Tracheostomy" case tips file, It has been re-added. It appears the programmer accidentally deleted it because he thought it was a duplicate file.
There is now more than 600 procedures and we keep adding more.
Feel free to contact us on which basic procedure you feel is missing and we will add it.
Great resource but....
How often does the app get updated? I wonder if the creators can add more procedures? Sometimes I’ll search for a relatively common procedure and it won’t show up. The design and layout also look like they could use an update as well.
Developer Response ,
We are having 3 updates this month alone. We do add more cases.
Not sure what basic procedures you feel are missing, just let us know and we will add them.
Don't forget to use the "Category" link on the top right of the Case Tips. It categorizes the procedures and makes it easier to search for all cases.
Thank you for your input.
- Vargo Anesthesia Inc
- 82.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Vargo Anesthesia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.