Vatanator SX is a unique drum machine with advanced MIDI functionality. It features 140 built-in presets emulating every classic vintage hardware.
It is aimed for simplicity and instant rhythm creation.
Vatanator SX features:
– Audio Unit Extension
– Record patterns in real-time with quantization, MIDI assignable
– 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
– Fast loading of presets on the fly
– Full MIDI implementation, Bluetooth MIDI
– Background audio
– Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
– Ability to import samples via Files, AudioShare, AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes Share
– Real-time effects with XY pad, tempo synchronization, MIDI assignable and automation
– Song arranger, ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
– 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
- added metronome in stand-alone
- new choke groups in stand-alone
- fixed issue with recalling AU parameters from AU host saved session
- Audiobus SDK updated to version 3.0.7
- Ableton Link SDK updated to version 3.0.5
- various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very Cool AU Drum Machine!
This is exactly what I was looking for. I can import my own drum samples into iOS GarageBand with Vatanator as an audio units instrument. Their tech support has been very responsive. Keep up the good work, guys!
A Superb Deal For A Great Drum Machine.
I'm enjoying this app a lot so far. To me it has the sort retro/modern appeal to it aesthetically and so far it has performed really well throughout my testing and use. I also appreciate the high quality amount of samples included. Having poor quality and a limited amount of samples can really make or break an app such as this and I'm glad to report that for me that isn't an issue at all.
Though, I did have an issue with sample importing and I reached out to the developer through email. And it's just been like 3 or 4 days and they already released this most recent update that fixed the import issue for me. That is super good service in my opinion and the developer was very friendly to boot. Thanks for the quick turnaround on the bug fixing, I'm very grateful for that.
I haven't really ever used the other drum machines apps that I've bought in the past that much, because to me they were just overloaded and a little convoluted. But with Vatanator SX I feel less pressure to learn a thousand different things and can just jump straight into making beats, which for my tastes is perfect.
This still has really good options I think though. But it just doesn't feel like it's trying to be like 10 different apps at once and I like how it just focuses solely on a smooth experience for making music. Plus, like I said about the sample import working for me now. Well, being able to constantly import and tweak my own samples is a factor that in my opinion will help to keep me wanting to always come back to this app to make my music and flesh out ideas stuck in my head.
And I appreciate the really good export options found here, thanks for that also. I feel like in a lot of these types of apps that the developer's always skimp on or for some insane reason, omit the key export/sharing options (i.e. Audiobus, AudioCopy and AudioShare). I'm very glad that this isn't a concern for me with, Vatanator SX.
So, for the price coupled with what I think are really great features, functions and samples content. Well, Vatanator SX is a steal-of-an-app in my opinion. And I'm very glad I bought it even though it had no reviews at the time. And I'm also very grateful again to the dev. for fixing that sample import issue so quickly :). Thanks for all that, God bless and Merry Christmas 😇🎄.
Fix the bug for the love of us all
Half the pad doesn’t most importantly the bass and snare
Developer Response ,
Could you please clarify what do you mean, it is unclean from your comment?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.