Watch our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1b4Axogqeg
1. Sign Up: the app from iTunes store. Open the app on your phone.
Sign up with your phone number. When you input your phone number a six-digit code will be sent to your phone. Enter the code and you will enter the app.
2. Find: Look around on the map to find the closest VBike to you.
3. Unlock: Approach a VBike and tap start in your app. Hold your phone near the lock while the app scans the bike. Wait for the app to unlock the app automatically.
4. Ride: Go from A to B with VBikes.
5. Lock and go: When you finish, responsibly park and manually lock the VBike. Your ride will end and the next user can find the VBike. VBikes app tracks displays the distance traveled, riding time, calories burned and carbon saved.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Ratings and Reviews
I use their subscription and it could use more work
I like the idea of vbikes, especially while I’m
on campus but I’ve noticed a lot of bikes aren’t exactly working all the time.. or ever. I think the only time I consider this service to be useful is when I personally leave a bike outside of my apartment and leave it there for me to use over and over again. Many times when I’m trying to unlock a bike it won’t ever unlock. Today
I’m writing this specifically because three different bikes resting beside each other all failed me. Two of them would not unlock at all and the third bike became unhinged while I was riding it through traffic. Very scary. Another time I rode on a vbike it wouldn’t unlock so I could ride back home from my destination despite working 10-20 minutes ago. Will probably not renew my subscription after the first month.
I believe this is a 5 Star for the value even for part time bicycle riders
It’s relatively smooth ride
Here are few things I believe that can really improve the riding experience with VBikes
1. I think a slightly wider tire would be a bit safer for your novice and part time riders
2. I think if this could be at least a 3 speed for just for your basic riding area that have slight hills etc.
3. I also think if the seat had a quick way to adjust like the exercise bikes In the gym that would be helpful
4. Website and app about where it’s okay to leave the bike really makes it confusing
5. The pedals need to be able to grip them better. Meaning the feet can slip off easily if not careful - novice riders most likely have troubles
6. I think either brighter lights both front and back with few more places to have reflective would help make this bike more visible
7. And possible be able to adjust handle bars? May need to ride again to see about that.
Weird thing happened with me - I was using the app near one bike sensor and it unlocked the the bike next to me
The mileage seemed to be accurate
The app does seem easy to use and not over complicated to use for just for riding
I think I would leave the app alone
Great app, the bike, not so much
The app experience is very good. Payment and unlocking is easy and fun. The bike geometry did not work for me at all, I’m a very typical 5’10” guy and the seat is so low and forward that it put a lot of pressure on my knees making a short ride not very pleasing. Also the head angle and handle bars make for very twitchy nervous steering. The drum brakes worked ok, and the hard wheels were not an issue on the smooth bike path I was on. Being a single gear bike, the ratio was reasonable although I would have liked to be able to spin a bit more RPM (a lower gear). In a pinch I would use the service again but hopefully they change the bikes.
- VBikes Technology LLC
- 70 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © VBikes Technology LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.