◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 3 - better than ever!
Vector 3 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Mac. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 3.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
Built-In Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Also supports 3rd party Audio Unit plugins.
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 3 now and solve all your audio needs!
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
- fixed a bug that would trigger an error on some systems when saving a file
Ratings and Reviews
Love it !
I have been using Vector 3 on my desktop iMac for about two years now, and I absolutely love it. I have a small Sony digital recorder that I take around town to record various local musicians that I like (with their permission of course). Usually they let me plug it directly into their amplifiers so that I avoid the crowd noise and the auditorium reverberation. I then transfer the digital files into my computer and use Vector 3 to slice-and-dice the recording into discrete song files. The app allows easy amplitude adjustments and editing out undesired sections or interruptions. I typically then copy these song files to a CD to play in my car (for personal use only). Their customer service has been very helpful in fixing some minor bugs that I uncovered. I highly recommend it for Mac users.
Vector 3 Works For Me…but
I purchased Vector 3 as a replacement for EasyAudioRecorder Pro (that is good too) which I use to do simple recordings of my saxophone pratice sessions. I really like the Vector 3 because it not only allows me to record my sessions, it also has the ability to remove any segments that I did not intend to record. It saves files in several formats and records in stereo. The one shortcoming that I have notice with Vector 3 is that unlike EasyAudioRecorder Pro, it does not have the ability to save a file if a system crash should occur which means you lose the entire recording if something should interrupt the session. EasyAudioRecorder Pro is a far less powerful application but it does save your recording if the computer should crash. I’m totally impressed with Vector 3. It meets my current needs fully, unless a crash occurs and all is lost. If Vector 3 could somehow backup during recording it would be even better. Wonderful program and I highly recommend it.
Great for recording internet radio broadcasts
I’m learning a foreign language and want to record spoken internet radio programs in order to listen to them over and over until I understand every word. I tried Vector 3 in the free demo version, and found it works great for this, so I bought the app. For a really a high-quality result, you need to use the "RECORDING AUDIO FROM OTHER APPLICATIONS” approach, as described in the Vector 3 manual. Vector's instructions for this are quite clear and it's easy to do. I’m very happy with the results. I play the recordings on my iPhone, so now I’m that much further along in learning Hungarian. The recording quality seems good enough for any purpose, not just for spoken radio. The app is easy and simple, and the manual is brilliant. I recommend.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.