Vector Star Brawl 9+
Designed for iPad
This game supports iCade and Gamedock controllers. Also, play on an external screen using those controllers.
Vector Star Brawl pays tribute to vector games of old. Choose among a bunch of unique ships, each with their own special power and characteristics to fight versus a friend or the computer.
The game features realistic 2D physics with gravity that affects every object (even bullets). Multiple scenarios to fight in are available as well as a challenge mode with infinite levels to hone your skills, alone or with the help of a friend.
Log in to Game Center to compete for high scores and unlock the ten available achievements.
If you liked old space games like Asteroids, Space War or Space Duel, then this game is for you!
- Brawl Mode: Fight against your friends on the same device.
- Challenge Mode: Fight versus waves of Aliens, both alone or with a friend.
- Six different ships with different powers (teleport, laser, missile, shield, invisibility, auto-aiming gun) all which weight and handle different.
- Game Center Support: Leader Boards for Challenge Mode and 10 Achievements.
- Realistic Physics and Ship control.
- Deformable vector objects.
- A great electronic-surf soundtrack (check our site if you want to download it).
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ships have more engine power: It's now possible to take off from the planet after landing in Challenge mode (should have fixed this a long time ago, I know...). Also the ship will no longer exit the screen from the sides on iPhones. Now it will correctly zoom out so it's always visible.
Also fixed some bugs, compiled using the latest SDK and removed the ads
Be sure to check the Settings App for all the options!
Ratings and Reviews
This has rad design and is fun to play on iPad.
Very good just that once you are in a brawl you have to win or die to leave
The ships are hard to control there is no option menu to change the controls
Developer Response ,
You can select different control options when choosing a ship and also set the defaults on the Settings App. Easy controls will let you drag in a direction and the ship will do its best to turn and follow it. The other options are rotate and thrust (Asteroids style). I find it easier to play with the "Separate thrust" option as it leaves the virtual joystick just for turning.
The developer, Jorge Arroyo, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jorge Arroyo Gonzalez
- 22.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Jorge Arroyo
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.