Earth 2049 – a toxic hellhole ruled by robots! Only you, VectorMan, can save the last remaining humans from extermination by the evil dictator Warhead. Now available on mobile, play free and rediscover SEGA’s ground-breaking pre-rendered stunner!
Brawl, blast, morph and bomb your way through 16 lethal levels of mechanized mayhem. Collect devastating power-ups and morph your body into killer weaponry to end the robots’ toxic reign!
- 16 toxic levels of run ‘n’ gun insanity! Combat waves of mechanized monsters in hellish future-world.
- Transform VectorMan into a drill, a bomb, or a mechanized fish to bring the robot tyranny to an end!
- The better you are, the more power-ups you’ll earn to give you the edge over a host of insane enemies.
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- REWIND GAMEPLAY – go back in time to beat some of SEGA's hardest challenges
- HAPTIC SUPPORT: get into the game with responsive button presses
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
"Absolutely great. One of the best releases of the year.”[96%] - CVG (November 1995)
"I guarantee your jaw will drop in amazement."[90%] - SEGA Pro (December 1995)
- The word ‘Orbot’ means a robot who’s body is entirely composed of orbs.
- When someone completed the game, the game cartridge would light up with a special telephone number for people to dial to see if they were the first to complete it!
- When originally released, the first person to complete the game won $25,000 and a role in a SEGA advert for their efforts!
- Although VectorMan got a sequel, a third game was originally planned and would have seen our hero redesigned from top to toe!
- The game was originally released in 1995
- Developed by: SEGA
- Designers: Rich Karpp & Mark Lorenzen
- Composer: Jon Holland
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, VectorMan, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
SEGA Days Nostalgia!!!
VectorMan was so ahead of its game back in the day and I loved every second I played it as a kid. Flashback and Nostalgia in its purest form! I don’t know who decided to make this available for iOS but whoever you are, may you be blessed for all you have done for mankind. The only reason I don’t give this game a 5 star review is because I absolutely hate the controls. Nothing personal against the game. The game is amazing! The music is awesome! Even the capability and movement was ahead of its game! But you can’t take advantage of it because it’s so difficult to do the basic things like shoot diagonally and jump and shoot down. (If you don’t know about these you are a noob) More of a complaint against iOS, I guess. Why can’t I just use my Switch Pro Controller for this? There has to be a way! Please add NFC capability! I don’t want to cough up another $50 just for a control specifically for iOS games. Otherwise awesome game!
Talk about a pure nostalgia trip
I remember watching my dad play this when I was growing up and trying my hand at it also. But when you're 3 trying to play a game that is quite tough like this you probably won't make it too far. I love this game on the phone my only complaint if I can even call it that is that the control pad for movement is a bit too finicky. I try to look up and there I go. Hauling booty across the screen instead of shooting the tv I was looking at. That is the only downside I have and it isn't even a big one. Thank you for releasing such a fantastic game and letting me live my childhood yet again with these classic titles!
I had been waiting for this one. This has been one of my favorites since I got it for Christmas in 95. I don’t know how many times I’ve searched the App Store for “VectorMan,” hoping it would be available. It finally is and the port does not disappoint. I had to resize and reposition the controls, but that is quick and easy and now it is 100% perfect! I play it all the time and it has never crashed on my iPhone 7.
- Sega America
- 151.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, VectorMan, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.