“Vectors and Planes” is an app by developers of GraphMath Graphing Calculator.
It is fully compatible with iOS 14 and 15, mostly compatible with iOS 13 and Mac OS, and performs the following:
Provides results and, in most cases, formulas for:
1. Vector magnitude.
2. Angle between vectors.
3. Equation of a plane from 3 given points.
4. Distance between a point and a plane.
5. Point projection on a plane.
6. Angle between a vector and a plane.
7. Angle between two planes.
8. Line of intersection between two planes.
9. Determination of mode of intersections between three planes. Matrix transformations are shown step by step.
10. Calculation of intersection point, when single point is present. Matrix transformations are shown step by step.
11. Circle of intersection between a sphere and a plane.
12. Circle and plane of intersection between two spheres.
13. Volume and surface area of an ellipsoid.
14. Center, major radius, and minor radius of intersection of an ellipsoid and a plane.
Provides graphs for:
1. Two vector combination, their sum, difference, cross product, and angle.
2. A plane defined by three points.
3. A plane defined by an equation.
4. A plane and a point combination.
5. A plane and a vector combination.
6. Two plane combination.
7. Three plane combination.
8. A sphere defined as center and radius.
9. A sphere and a plane combination.
10. Two sphere combination.
11. An ellipsoid.
12. An ellipsoid and a plane combination.
13. Two ellipsoid combination.
1. Images can be rotated around X, Y, and Z axes and tilted up or down.
2. Images can be drawn with or without perspective.
3. Animated rotation around Z axis is shown on initial drawing. This can be turned off.
4. Structures obscured by planes, spheres or ellipsoids are drawn in grey.
5. Zoom in and out.
6. Scroll function.
Previous entries for vectors, planes, and points are stored in a table and available after the app is closed.
Tables of points and vectors can be sorted by X, Y, Z, or by most recent.
Table of planes can be sorted by A, B, C, D, or by most recent.
Links to GraphMath graphing calculator and Matrix Solver Step by Step App.
Developers hope to get feedback from users at email@example.com.
New design for the Entry screens.
Ratings and Reviews
A new way to understand vectors
The field of vector and plane geometry is, even if daunting, fascinating. Unfortunately, public schools usually do not tap into the power of the vector beyond a surface level, even in AP Physics and upper-level math, so most people’s understanding of vectors is minimal and/or faulty.
Vectors&Planes does more than simply give you answers to vector problems. It walks you through, step by step, how vectors are formed and interact with one another. A particular helpful technique is to download this app and ‘Matrix Solver Step by Step’ by the same developer and see the foundations of planar geometry in a new light. For the aspiring applied mathematician or STEM major, these apps are not only highly educational and enriching but lots of fun to play with.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yuri Morozov
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © GraphMath 2022