Since 1999, HappyCow has helped users find 100,000+ restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores in 195+ countries. Read 475,000+ reviews and see 500,000 photos posted by our awesome community! With HappyCow, you can search for vegan-friendly bakeries, health food stores, catering, farmers markets, juice bars, and coffee shops!
• Filter by Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, cuisine type, and more!
• Easily search near you, or nearby an address (perfect for planning a trip!)
• Plan your travels by using our interactive map and saving places for offline viewing
• Find popular and undiscovered eateries with keywords and cuisine filters: perfect for foodie adventures and Instagram pics!
• See hours, directions, photos, and reviews - so easy!
► COMMUNITY & ENGAGE:
• Add restaurants to your Favorite list or Travel list
• Upload photos & submit reviews at places you love! Track where you’ve been!
• Join the largest Veg community with 325,000+ people who are changing the world!
• Content is updated 24/7 by a dedicated team and 2 million+ monthly visitors
• HappyCow is supported in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Spanish
Please contact us before leaving feedback or rating -- we’d like to help you. Send us a message: firstname.lastname@example.org
► CONTRIBUTE TO HAPPYCOW
HappyCow is a community-run app, and we rely on users like you to keep our content up-to-date.
Can't find your fave vegan place on HappyCow? List it!
See an issue with an existing listing? Send an update!
Our app is a 1-time fee (NOT monthly subscription), but if you’re unsure about us, check out our free website happycow.com to find amazing restaurants near you!
HappyCow apps use your device location to find restaurants near your current location. We do not store your device location on our servers.
HappyCow apps provide you with a way upload restaurant photos from your existing library on your device. We never access your photos until you choose to view them from within the app.
HappyCow app allows you to take photos of your favorite restaurants, which we encourage you to share with our users. The app stores these photos with your other pictures on your device so you may admire them whenever you please, or upload at a later date. We never access your camera or save photos until you perform those actions from within the app.
Vegan powered by HappyCow.com
New in this update from your suggestions, we've added support for multi-photo uploading. You can now add up to 9 images at a time. Share all your favorite meals with the community and help folks decide what to eat and where.
- Added a new filter option, show what's open at a set time. Want to know where you can eat next Monday at 10pm? Now you can!
- Share-the-app option in the "More" tab to easily share the app (FB, Email, etc …) with your friends. Please share and help the Community grow.
- Friendly notification reminder for when you add a photo but haven't yet written a review
- Better updating and syncing of your favorites and trips
- Main images for venues saved to favorites and trips are now cached and can be seen offline
- Small UX/UI changes
More coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Best resource for finding veg-friendly restaurants
Someone recommended this to me when I first went vegan a few years back. It had been less than a month and I was just starting to feel that I wouldn’t be able to do it because I missed eating out with the family. We met this guy in front of the one vegan restaurant I managed to find by just trying to Google a bunch of stuff and when I told him what I went through, he told me about the app and I have been an avid user since! I have used it to plan trips because you can save an itinerary of places you want to visit beforehand and it’s really easy to add restaurants that you may find on your own. If you use the app I encourage you to leave reviews and add restaurants because that’s how the information grows. It is definitely worth the download!
*As of Aug 2018, the app has been redesigned and looks great! The ability to filter by restaurant type directly from the main page is a welcome new addition!
A must have for any vegan/vegetarian.
Upon going vegan I chose not to purchase this app due to the higher than average price, but since then I have had many great meals thanks to this app which makes it well worth the cost. The app has some issues that need to be worked upon and the kind developer team has informed me that they are aware of them and are doing their best to integrate them.
I recommend this app to anyone who is traveling or living in a metropolitan area where there may be vegan/vegetarian restaurants unknown to them. For those who reside in the suburbs and don’t travel I recommend you use the free website to see what types of options there are around you at one time. I wish there were vegan/veg restaurants everywhere but that is not always the case so check the website first.
I hope that the happy cow community grows because for now I use happy cow to locate the restaurant but google to see the reviews and photos. If a rest isn’t on happy cow has a large number of positive reviews and photos it’s bound to be a home run of a a meal.
Developer Response ,
Hi Stephen, we understand this issue and on the website there already exists such a filter. We thought that we'd add chain listings as the new functionality to filter them was being coded, but seems it's taking more time to get that functionality in the apps. It will be there soon though, please be patient!
For now, we suggest filtering out VegOptions in a city like Manhattan, or choosing a very small search radius, ie 1 mile.
Hope you will update your review now that you understand this issue better and show support with a 5-star rating. For HappyCow to improve we rely on success here, and updating your review will help keep the project going.
An absolute must for any vegan or vegetarian
I recently went on a trip to Amsterdam, Paris and London. I thought that I would have limited food options as a vegan. Thankfully, HappyCow was there for me as an indispensable guide. I honestly don’t know what I would do without it, especially when I travel either nationally or now, internationally.
The ability to map/locate restaurants, filter by what’s open, filter by only vegan, etc, is just wonderful. It gave me major peace of mind knowing that there were options out there for me, along with how far away they were and when they would be open until.
The individual restaurant reviews are also consistently throughout and feel 100% genuine by real vegans and vegetarians. I would have paid the price of entry for this app many times over, its that helpful to me. Many thanks to the developer.
- HappyCow, Inc
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011-2019, HappyCow Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.