Explore the galaxy and carve out your own destiny in a 3D MMORPG. This truly cross-platform game enables thousands of players to interact as the pilots of spaceships in a vast online universe. Players may build their characters in any direction they desire, becoming rich captains of industry, military heroes, or outlaws. A fast-paced, realtime "twitch" style combat model gives intense action, coupled with the backdrop of RPG gameplay in a massive online galaxy. Three major player factions form a delicate balance of power, with several NPC sub-factions creating situations of economic struggle, political intrigue and conflict. The completely persistent universe and detailed storyline add to the depth of immersion, resulting in a unique online experience.
Support for multiple platforms across desktop and mobile, all of which play together in a single unified game world. Pilots may seamlessly switch from one platform to another.
The game supports Xbox, PS4 and MFi game controllers, and features cross-platform voice chat, as well as voice-recognition text chat for hands-free typing, text-to-speech for reading mission and other game updates, and many other features.
Although the game can be played quite casually, this is a "real" PC-grade MMORPG, and is not a watered-down "mobile" game experience. Our native iOS version has exactly the same capabilities as the PC versions, with a different interface.
The game is updated frequently, usually every week or two, with the developers and userbase actively discussing the future of the game on the Vendetta Online forums. Many frequent updates are server-side and will not result in a visible "iOS app" update.
Vendetta Online offers three distinct access tiers:
1) Free, where you pay no money at all, and may earn "Crystal" currency through your gameplay, and spend it on certain higher-end ships and equipment. There are no level caps, and you may use your account to play on any other platform (like the Mac). Some high-level content is not available to the Freemium tier, like assembly of player-constructed Capital Ships. It takes many months to build these endgame assets, and Freemium players may work towards those goals, but not complete them.
2) Lite, where you basically subscribe for $1/month, gain the ability to earn 50% more crystal per day, and may build and own the Goliath-class Capital Ship. This ship may also be made "Enduring", causing it to store a permanent record of the ship's usage and history in the game, and making it into a trade-able part of the world.
3) Premium, where you no longer require "Crystal" currency, or even see it, and you only play the game itself the way it was originally intended. Trident-class Capital Ships are available.
Lite and Premium levels are available via In App Purchase, as well as blocks of Crystal.
If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us via email, or (preferred) by creating a Support Ticket on the game website (more secure, and it proves the account in question is yours). We are a small indie developer, but we respond quickly. Leaving reviews is not a very effective way to reach us about problems.
If you are looking to try out your game iOS account on another platform, be sure to "Convert" your account with email verification. You can do this in the Options area, after logging into the game.
-- LEGAL --
Duration and price of each subscription is displayed inside Vendetta Online's storefront, updated at the time of purchase. 1, 3, 6, and 12 month subscription lengths are available for both Premium and Lite modes. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in your App Store Account Settings.
A large number of gameplay, universe, economic and NPC changes have been made since the last iOS release, which exceeds what can be written here. Many of the gameplay changes are server-side and not specific to iOS.
A few notable changes, from the last few months, includes the following:
- New mineable Ore: "Sammic". It is rare, has a high mass, and is available only in the Unknown System. Expect it to play a part in future Manufacturing goals.
- Remote capships can now be commanded to "Follow" the capship Owner.
- Automatic cargo tractor beam allows easier pickup of nearby crates.
- Trident and Goliath-class capital ships now include scanners for cargo (2000m), addons (2000m), asteroid temperature (500m) and asteroid mineral content (500m).
- Fixed internal analytics.
- Fixed issues with In-App Purchasing.
- Re-synchronized all game assets from 1.8.554 to 1.8.565.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok on Mobile, Great on VR
I first tried VO via iphoneX last month ago hearing good things about VO and I love combat. I found it too hard to look at tiny things on phone and the combat is pretty tough to control and I get killed easily. Then I stopped playing. Until I got Oculus GO with xbox controller and tried VO and it is sooooo much better in VR and so easy to look around and control your ship lot easier! For combat and immersion, VR> 2D phone. It is why I give 4 stars for 2D smartphone platform while 5 stars for VR using same, solid game. I could see the use of mining and trading using mobile however that I would use but not for combat.
Outer space Vendetta
I don’t like leaving Five star reviews for the reason they oftentimes have an adverse effect on the subject in question. The marketplaces are over saturated with overzealous reviewers that drop 5 stars because they just like the subject in question and therefore have a behest opinion without actually rating it based on gameplay, technical quality, fun factor, polish- (few or no bugs), and value.
That being said, I just couldn’t help giving this one a solid 5 Star rating. (1): The gameplay is really fun and varied in that it’s open ended. You can go wherever, & do whatever you want. Make $$ (in game) and buy a new or upgrade your current ship. Fight or make peace with whom ever you please, Etc...
(2): the technical aspect of this game is nothing short of phenomenal. Cross platform gaming at its finest. Play on your phone at the DMV for 6 hours while waiting, go home and login from your PC and pickup right where you left off.
(3): This game is actually really fun to play. <-period.
(4): I haven’t really found any bugs to report which is actually surprising given the shear scope of the game.
(5th STAR): as insane as it might sound, it’s actually FREE on mobile devices! & if you want to play it cross platform, it’s only USD .99¢ month or USD $4.99 for SIX months. Or you can go pro and build your own capital ships.
Solid 5 for having NO RUDE IN GAME ADVERTISING ! Thank you for building this game and doing it with the passion of a gamer.
Unassuming at first glance but incredible in many ways.
Vendetta Online is a space sim with scale and inertia in a gaming market full of small sectors and “space spitfires.” This is a freemium game with good ethics and an optional premium mode for the hardcore player. This is an obvious labor of love attended to by a small, committed team of developers and hardcore fans.
And, it’s cross-platform. For a buck a month, I can play the same account with all the same characters and capabilities on iPhone/iPad or my Mac or PC! But wait, there’s more! Also comes with MFi controller support with full button customization! Voice chat! Text chat! Voice to text chat!
Really, this the best deal around for this kind of thing unless you’re going whole-hog in on EVE or E:D or something. And VO has a portability that lets you make it part of your life in a way that only the seriously time-committed fanatic can manage on those other games.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guild Software, Inc.
- 368.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Guild Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One month of Lite Mode play $0.99
- One month of unlimited play $9.99
- Six months of Lite Mode play $4.99
- Six months of unlimited play $48.99
- Monthly Premium Subscription $9.99
- Bag of Crystals $2.99
- Three months of unlimited play $26.99
- Box of Crystals $4.99
- Case of Crystals $9.99
- Monthly Lite Subscription $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.